Euathlus sp. Yellow slings

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I was able to pick up 4 Euathlus sp. yellow slings the other day. They are by far the tiniest slings I've ever raised. It was funny watching them eat yesterday. Even the smallest cut piece of dubia nymph was their size or bigger. They all looked to be eating when I checked on them later.

I'm pretty excited as these are not often offered here. Maybe I'll get a male from these and can breed my mature female.

Not the best photos but it was tough to get good shots of them with just the camera phone. I'll have to get the macro lens and see how that does.

2oz condiment cup. He is pretty tiny. :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Handling tarantulas....a slippery slope my friend :troll:

There's at least one other person with 2 female E sp Yellow, it's up to you and the other person to produce a sac. I hope you get at least one male.

That's about the size of one of my E sp Red's when I first obtained it. They can grow pretty fast relatively.

But they are giants compared to my H. sp. Columbia Large sling when I received it.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I picked up three Reds last march. They are still that same size, with the exception of the one that molted. I worry more about these guys than any of my other spiders. It has been really difficult for me to track their eating. One of them seems to struggle eating more so than the other two. I have been mixing up a diet of fruit flies, cricket parts, and mini meal worms. I call the lot of them Red Squadron. I have been dreaming about getting a group of Yellows to call Gold Squadron one day. :wacky:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
:p

There's at least one other person with 2 female E sp Yellow, it's up to you and the other person to produce a sac. I hope you get at least one male.
Yeah, me too. I wish I knew who has those other two females. That way if I do get a male I can send him to them once I am done with him.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It has been really difficult for me to track their eating. One of them seems to struggle eating more so than the other two. I have been mixing up a diet of fruit flies, cricket parts, and mini meal worms.
They all seemed to eat the other day. Either that or they like sitting on their food.
I picked up three Reds last march. They are still that same size, with the exception of the one that molted.
Two of them are showing signs of premolt the other two just have tiny dots on their abdomen so they likely have a little longer to go.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Wow they have "The Hilton" complete with swimming pool. Nice snag.
Haha, yeah. Everything I keep gets a water dish no matter how small. I still can't get over how small they are.. like an 1/8 of an inch. I was scared to use a paintbrush to walk them into the cups.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Congrats! I had the chance to pick up some reds and yellows but passed because of their tiny size. :arghh: It is just impossible to find pinhead size prey locally and so far none of my slings will take pre killed(I know many will, just has not happened here so far).. did not want to chance losing them, did not want to deal with fruit flies ever again.

How fast.. err, slow do they grow? I do quite like the videos of them.. sigh, someday....

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Yeah, me too. I wish I knew who has those other two females. That way if I do get a male I can send him to them once I am done with him.
Contact Jamie she knows who the person is.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

Simon Elliot has my old female E. sp yellow (raining reptiles/FB)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats! I had the chance to pick up some reds and yellows but passed because of their tiny size. :arghh: It is just impossible to find pinhead size prey locally and so far none of my slings will take pre killed(I know many will, just has not happened here so far).. did not want to chance losing them, did not want to deal with fruit flies ever again.

How fast.. err, slow do they grow? I do quite like the videos of them.. sigh, someday....
Females can grow slowly. On the flip side my Yellow matured in 20 months, and he's still going strong!

Trenor

Arachnoprince

I've not had any trouble with any of my Ts taking prekilled prey. I fed these cut up pieces of dubia roaches and they all ate. They are really tiny so I doubt they will eat more than a few meals that large before they stop till their next molt.

I keep my T room pretty warm and if I keep the food to them I'm hoping they we grow as fast as possible.

Jason B

Arachnosquire

That's about the size of one of my E sp Red's when I first obtained it. They can grow pretty fast relatively.

But they are giants compared to my H. sp. Columbia Large sling when I received it.
My h. sp. Columbia recently molted and went from tiny ant to medium size ant.

Question do E. sp red/yellow grow faster then say grams or brachys?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I should have been more specific I ment the slower growers like rosies or b. hamorii. I tend to forget some like B. vagans don't grow as slow as the others.
I have a MM E sp Yellow that matured in 18 months. Never had a Rosie mature out that fast ;)