Euathlus sp."red"

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hi All.

At the end of the month I'm getting a Euathlus sp."red" female around three years old so I'm told.
Any advice on this sp would be good,
I have read they are very docile and slow growing..
But what else?.

Hope to get relies :)

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont know much about this genus in particular. I have never owned one, but I saw a nice little Euathlus sp. "red" at a local-ish show and she was a breath taker.

As far as the age thing, unless the seller raised her from a 2nd instar sling, it's impossible to determine the exact age of any T.

I know I didnt help much, but thats my $0.02

Please post some pictures when you get her! This species is so beautiful.

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
I've been caring for a female for almost two years. I couldn't find much info on them either, but mine seems to prefer the substrate a bit on the moister side. Other than that I use the typical temp/humidity ranges. Mine started a burrow, but she never goes in it that I see. She's also a bit of a finnicky eater. As you said, I have found them to be very docile, but also very slow growers, though I really enjoy the aesthetics.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j354/Demonash81/Euathlus/05EuathlusspChileanFlame336-10.jpg

madamoisele

Arachnosquire
Reminds me of a Rosie in temperament, a b. smithi in substrate preferences. She loves to climb, oddly. She's also out in the open a lot. I scored on her, paid $15 for a 3 year old captive bred female. Booyah!

Also, exceptionally docile. At least, mine is.

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine just molted into a MM and its previous molt was in February 2008, so that makes 3 years to go from penultimate to mature.

Art

PS Is yours a mature female?

jb62

Arachnosquire
I got two E.sp.'s a red and blue both are females and the red has been mated with last year.
I held the blue at the sellers house and at home the red walked on my hand with total ease..
I'm in england.