Euathlus sp. Red vs Homoeomma sp. fire

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm gonna assume most people keep them labeled as they are (Euathlus) because that's what they're known as in the trade. I remember a conversation with Stuart Longhorn I had in 2012 over mail with him and back then he already stated that these should be Homoeomma really. But since there's been no scientific paper done on them, hobby descriptions sticks. Perhaps for the time being until one is release and classified as, for the better to avoid confusion.

Thanks for all the additional information provided herein again, gents!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
since there's been no scientific paper done on them
This is going to change in the future. I heard from a researcher that there are groups working on classifying the various Andean Ts many of us enjoy.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is going to change in the future. I heard from a researcher that there are groups working on classifying the various Andean Ts many of us enjoy.
I'm gonna predict that paper won't see the light of day within the next couple years. It'll take time, but hey: Patience is part of this hobby :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm gonna predict that paper won't see the light of day within the next couple years. It'll take time, but hey: Patience is part of this hobby :D
I wasn't privy to that info. BUT, there is another significant genus revision coming out quite soon (less than a year I suspect based on what I was told).

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I'm gonna assume most people keep them labeled as they are (Euathlus) because that's what they're known as in the trade. I remember a conversation with Stuart Longhorn I had in 2012 over mail with him and back then he already stated that these should be Homoeomma really. But since there's been no scientific paper done on them, hobby descriptions sticks. Perhaps for the time being until one is release and classified as, for the better to avoid confusion.

Thanks for all the additional information provided herein again, gents!
Mine were bought as Hommeoma and that's how I'm going to label them.