Euathlus sp. red question

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Is this species known to burrow? Trying to find the right enclosure size for when I pick a few up.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is this species known to burrow? Trying to find the right enclosure size for when I pick a few up.
I've only had mine about a month but it hasn't burrowed or used it's hide that I have seen. Mine is an adult E. sp. Yellow though.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If they're anything like E. truculentus or E. sp. "Green", then they'll just excavate a lot. Not actually burrow.

@viper69 will know more.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This species is generally a constant bulldozer esp as slings. Once they reach adult, they may stop if you provide a hide, but even then their instinct is to go down.

All of my Reds and Yellow were consistent in this area. Sometimes they will literally stop as if frozen for a solid day, and all of a sudden start right back where they left off in MID-MOTION, it's amazing to see it.

I put slings in AMAC containers the tall type to give them depth, and as they reach 2" either a RUB or ExoTerra Breeder Box, small.

As slings I always give them cork to use as a place to feel secure, like a small cork slap against the container wall. I do that with a lot of OW and NW slings, they generally seem to like that "premade" home.

Just be mindful of how they will consistently walk up and out of the container the moment the lid is off. Reported for years both in populations here and the EU. So while slow, you can't turn your back on them, they will be gone haha.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rat\'s message.JPG

Indeed it does. However, to help you, take the full link and put it into Google's web page translator. It does a very good job on that page as I've used it before.