Euathlus sp. (Red) in Pre-Molt

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Damn! I thought you had some magic cure for the "Not moulting syndrome". :p
Haha sorry to disappoint! ;) On the bright side, maybe you have a female. :cat:

I have my sling in this sterilite-like enclosure:

View attachment 267471

It's roughly 9,5x7x6 cm (sorry, can't tell inch sizes right now ;)). Substrate is filled up to 4,5-5 cm, but mine never dug anyway. It also won't touch mealworms, only half-dead crickets. And red runners are way too scary, I guess. :p It's such a picky eater! :rolleyes:

Do you think the enclosure is too big? He/she is roaming its enclosure all day, so I thought, a bit bigger might be appreciated. ;)
It looks/sounds like a nice size to me. :) That's great that your sling likes to roam and explore. Mine do a lot of redecorating, mostly dumping everything they can into their water dishes until I just remove the stuff. :p

Thekla

Arachnoprince
On the bright side, maybe you have a female. :cat:
Hope dies last, they say... :smug:

Mine do a lot of redecorating, mostly dumping everything they can into their water dishes until I just remove the stuff. :p
Oh yeah, same here! I had some sphagnum moss in there and (s)he would always put it into the water dish, which - subsequently - would suck out all the water. :rolleyes: In the end I had to remove most the moss as well. :p

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Mine do a lot of redecorating, mostly dumping everything they can into their water dishes until I just remove the stuff. :p
Oh yeah, same here! I had some sphagnum moss in there and (s)he would always put it into the water dish, which - subsequently - would suck out all the water. :rolleyes: In the end I had to remove most the moss as well. :p
Same here, had moss in there, it ended up all over the enclosure and then eventually started finding its way into the water dish.

Alas, no more moss.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Same here, had moss in there, it ended up all over the enclosure and then eventually started finding its way into the water dish.

Alas, no more moss.
Yep, same with mine! :D The only piece of moss left is one that got buried under a mound of dirt during burrow excavation.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Me too with the moss, guys. It is all buried in the dirt now. My E sp red sling makes a mess in his enclosure, especially with the waterdish.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Me too with the moss, guys. It is all buried in the dirt now. My E sp red sling makes a mess in his enclosure, especially with the waterdish.
I only have one other species of sling to compare with so far, but I imagine E sp Red must be some of the most entertaining slings. Does your adult female also like to redecorate? :)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I only have one other species of sling to compare with so far, but I imagine E sp Red must be some of the most entertaining slings. Does your adult female also like to redecorate? :)
Yes. She is a bulldozer. She is neat about it though. She doesn't trash the whole place like a frat boy or anything like that.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I only have one other species of sling to compare with so far, but I imagine E sp Red must be some of the most entertaining slings.
Yeah, mine seems to think it's a Murderess* (certainly eats like one anyway).

*0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata DTTI (Death To The Infidels)