Euathlus sp red, blue, yellow, I've also seen tiger. What's the difference?

Vash71

Arachnopeon
Obviously colors. Is there anything else? I've read a few comments about temperament.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Euathlus sp. red, yellow and Tiger are smaller than 4" as adults. Yellow is the smallest of the 3 reaching 6-8cm max. They are docile and active like the reds, which reach an average size of 3". Tiger reaches the same size as the red but has a better appetite than red/yellow.

Blue and green are larger and very skittish/fast in comeparison to the other 3. They are nervous and reach max size of 4.5".

What else would you like to know?

boina

Lady of the mites
Euathlus sp. red, yellow and Tiger are smaller than 4" as adults. Yellow is the smallest of the 3 reaching 6-8cm max. They are docile and active like the reds, which reach an average size of 3". Tiger reaches the same size as the red but has a better appetite than red/yellow.

Blue and green are larger and very skittish/fast in comeparison to the other 3. They are nervous and reach max size of 4.5".

Are the tiger the ones that are called "smaragd" (=emerald) in Germany? If so, than my tiger is significantly more skittish than my red and I can def confirm the better appetite. An acquaintance has a blue and that one is the same size as his AF G. rosea.

Vash71

Arachnopeon

Thanks, I think that about covers it!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Are the tiger the ones that are called "smaragd" (=emerald) in Germany? If so, than my tiger is significantly more skittish than my red and I can def confirm the better appetite. An acquaintance has a blue and that one is the same size as his AF G. rosea.
Yes the tiger are called that in germany. When they made the new name and bred and sold to the rest of Europe they caused a bit of confusion.

Tiger can be spooked easily and can move fairly fast but are relatively calm compared to the sp. blue/green.

Thanks, I think that about covers it!
Good stuff. The smaller Chilean genera are in a good bit of a mess just now. I have arount 4 unknown Euathlus/Homoeomma/Phrixotrichus species at the moment :confused::wacky:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
My tiger is more skittish than my red but not by much. Mine doesn't run for the hide when I open the enclosure or do maintenance. I also don't have a problem with my Tiger trying to climb out of the enclosure while I do maintenance as much as with my red.