Euathlus Sp. Red appreciation thread

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
This is such an amazing little tarantula and they deserve a little time in the spotlight. This is my favorite species and it will continue to be. Why they are frowned upon for growth rate is crazy because they have so much personality to make up for it. I'm sure one other user is an aficionado of this in my opinion underrated species.
It's time to give this species some love.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
This is such an amazing little tarantula and they deserve a little time in the spotlight. This is my favorite species and it will continue to be. Why they are frowned upon for growth rate is crazy because they have so much personality to make up for it. I'm sure one other user is an aficionado of this in my opinion underrated species.
Yep they are so cute , always on the move , and out and about . Mine was my first T , I don't have him out , be the previous owner had him out daily ( not that I agree to handleling ) don't know if they are intelligent for a T but they always like to have a nose about when your around their set up, very often when I'm watching tv in the evening he will sit on his hide and it looks like his watching you ! It's like having a dog greeting you . They do climb a lot so you do have to raise the substrate in case of falls . Personality wise he will always be my favourite . Everyone should have one from beginner to experienced keeper .

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I've heard a lot of positive things about these little guys. Personally, I like my Ts big and for that reason I haven't acquired any dwarf species yet. Maybe I will pick a few up on my next tarantula binge buy! ;)

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I've heard a lot of positive things about these little guys. Personally, I like my Ts big and for that reason I haven't acquired any dwarf species yet. Maybe I will pick a few up on my next tarantula binge buy! ;)
You won't be disappointed, believe me . My daughter has Pokies etc , but after seeing my little guy decided to get a sling .

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I just picked up three slings and promptly named them Red Leader, Red Two, and Red Five. Together I call them Red Squadron. They are all only a 1/4 inch, but they are nevertheless always on the move. I feed them on a large black poster board incase they crawl out I will be able to see them.

sasker

Arachnoprince
They are indeed great fun. They are the world's smallest bulldozers. Mine is constantly digging and moving dirt around for no apparent reason. Great fun to watch :)

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
While you woke my curiosity, why not provide more information about them in the first place? And pictures?
Now I had to Google around... and add another "must have" to my list. :rolleyes:

Tulip28

Arachnopeon
I have a 1/4" sling, and even at that size, it is always out and doing something in its little enclosure. If it's in its burrow when I go into the room, it often crawls out to see what's going on. It seems almost fearless, especially for something so small.

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I have a 1/4" sling, and even at that size, it is always out and doing something in its little enclosure. If it's in its burrow when I go into the room, it often crawls out to see what's going on. It seems almost fearless, especially for something so small.
Mine does exactly the same , their like the spider version of having a .

Bugmom

Arachnolord
They are indeed the best. Mine is my tarantula ambassador when I do outreach programs. She just seems so... curious. The world is out there, and she's going to inspect all of it.

boina

Lady of the mites
They are indeed the best. Mine is my tarantula ambassador when I do outreach programs. She just seems so... curious. The world is out there, and she's going to inspect all of it.
Yes, mine too! I don't do it often, but the few times I was asked to bring Ts for an outreach program or an arachnophobia training it's always my E. sp. red who's going, together with my B. emilia. At first people are all over Emilia, but she's a pet rock, so after a few minutes attention shifts and Josephine the Red steals the spot light.

I'm not really into dwarf species either. She's probably the smallest species I own, but she's definitely among my absolute favorites.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I love mine! I have a MF and one of her little babies. They are both extremely curious and pretty fun to keep! I love the size and their beautiful red details. I wish they ate more, but I guess they can't be perfect.

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
I would love to acquire sp. "Red" after learning about them on some care videos. I like the adventurous and curious aspect of them, not to mention the fact they always seem to be doing something. Plus their smaller size is a win-win for me. Unfortunately I can't find this species locally and I doubt I'll find it anywhere soon.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I would love to acquire sp. "Red" after learning about them on some care videos. I like the adventurous and curious aspect of them, not to mention the fact they always seem to be doing something. Plus their smaller size is a win-win for me. Unfortunately I can't find this species locally and I doubt I'll find it anywhere soon.
Yeah, adult females are hard to find and slings are crazy small and very slow growers.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I would love to get ahold of a Sp. yellow
They are very hard to find. In the time I've been in the hobby I've only seen one for sale. I bought it. :)

I'd like to try breeding her but the only male I could find was long in the tooth.

She needs a molt but she still looks good.

Here is a close up of the color burst patch on the abdomen for both yellow and red.

Last edited: