Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi care sheet?

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looking for a Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi care sheet. If you don't know where one is but you have one please give me the info from your experience :D

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have had my pulcherrimaklaasi for awhile now, they are not very defensive/aggressive, but they seem to be a little skittish. Seems to be a fairly slow grower and does not get extremely large, I had no info about this species when I got mine but I emailed Rick West and he filled me in on their behavior and sizes.

andy

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Rosehaired or Vulpina (or anyone else owning one of these) - what did Rick West tell you regarding the care of this species? I just ordered one and will be getting it next week. I am so excited! Can you share some experience with a future owner?? Thanks!!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well mine died mysteriously after a molt it had but I am def. looking for another one :)

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually they do get to be a good size (5.5 to 6 inches)...There is a pulchimerklassi picture thread if you search the forum and I'm sure you'll be able to made a good judgement on their size from there...I have a 3 inch female...I posted a pic of her in the thread entitled "Bunch of New Pics"...I keep mine like every other tarantula I have...Vermiculite, peat, and mulch and spray half her cage about every 3 or 4 days...She eats a lot and tends to stay pretty active but semi-skittish...

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually Anansi I saw that thread and that's what made me decide to get one! Your T's are awesome! Thanks for the advice. I will keep mine like my others then. Do you know if E. Pulcher is a New World Terrestrial? That is what all that I currently keep, but I did also order a C. Fimbriatus so I could explore the OW a little. And last, but definitely not least I'm getting a B. Klaasi and a B. Ruhnaui. I can't wait!! :)

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also have a fimbriatus...Be prepared for a candy cane of web...They are pretty...when you can see them...I'm pretty sure its new world as it comes from equador?...but I do know theres two pulchimerklassi's floating around and people say the one I have is the imposter, although I've seen both and I like the imposter more...

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The E.pulcherimklassi is a NW terrestrial tarantula. Nice additions to I have a B.klassi its only 1.5" right now but I can't wait till its bigger.

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hope I get the imposter then b/c I love yours! It is 2.5" so when I get it I should have a pretty good idea of what the colors will be.

I am prepared for lots of webbing with the Fimbriatus. I hardly see my GBB much these days. I just found a carehseet on Spidertalk so I am ALL ready and super excited {D

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well if its the real thing and you want the imposter I'll take the real thing hehe.

blckwidow75

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Rosehaired - You are funny! I don't think I'll know the difference, but thank you for the offer :)

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dumpster diving...

I know this is an old post but seeing how the Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi has been around for a few years I am wondering if someone has more detailed husbandry info on this SP?

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know this is an old post but seeing how the Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi has been around for a few years I am wondering if someone has more detailed husbandry info on this SP?
Well, the first thing to figure out is what species your looking for information on.

The species that the OP was referring to from a couple years back is going to be Homoeomma sp. "blue".... as is every single spider sold as such these past few years in the U.S. up until the very recent import of WC spiders from Chile.

So, with that being said, it will help to be clear on whether you're looking for information on the "new" WC spiders from Chile or your looking for information on all the CB spiders that were sold as E. pulcherrimaklaasi. Confused yet?

I pissed a few people off in the past for being critical of them labeling, and selling, the Homoeomma sp. as "E. pulcherrimaklaasi" even after the information was commonly available to them about the "mistake".

Now that the potentially real E. pulcherrimaklaasi is back in the trade, it will make things even more confusing for many hobbyists.

Eric

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Now that the potentially real E. pulcherrimaklaasi is back in the trade, it will make things even more confusing for many hobbyists.

Eric
This is a shining example as why proper labeling is important for not only hobbyists but dealers alike.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes I am confused a little now. lol

The add I am looking at has it listed as "Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi - Metallic Femur Beauty - Female 3" W " and she is from a reputable dealer that frequently visits AB.
So I am gonna go ahead and presume its the ones being imported now and need proper husbandry info.
Confused yet?

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The add I am looking at has it listed as "Euathlus pulcherrimaklaasi - Metallic Femur Beauty - Female 3" W " and she is from a reputable dealer that frequently visits AB.
So I am gonna go ahead and presume its the ones being imported now and need proper husbandry info.
Confused yet?
I would be not so confidenced in this case...
Eric is my "bet"! :)

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im still confused in general...

Platnick's "The World Spider Catalog" has pulcherrimaklaasi listed as this:

mf pulcherrimaklaasi (Schmidt, 1991)....................Ecuador [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidersp:001996]

while at the same time, if you go to www.birdspiders.com, Rick West's pic and documentation of the sp. is in Chile.

so which is it, Ecuador or Chile? are these recently imported ones from chile REAL pulcherrimaklaasi or have we yet to receive the real ones into our hobby?

or maybe, one of these websites has just gotten old and out of date? :?

dan

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Dan,

im still confused in general...

Platnick's "The World Spider Catalog" has pulcherrimaklaasi listed as this:

mf pulcherrimaklaasi (Schmidt, 1991)....................Ecuador [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidersp:001996]

while at the same time, if you go to www.birdspiders.com, Rick West's pic and documentation of the sp. is in Chile.

so which is it, Ecuador or Chile? are these recently imported ones from chile REAL pulcherrimaklaasi or have we yet to receive the real ones into our hobby?

or maybe, one of these websites has just gotten old and out of date? :?
dan
This is the reason I wrote "potentially" the real E. pulcherrimaklaasi in my post. Personally, if I were selling this spider myself, I would call it Euathlus sp. "pulcherrimaklaasi".

Look back at THIS THREAD from almost 3 years ago.

if you go to www.birdspiders.com, Rick West's pic and documentation of the sp. is in Chile.
Keep in mind that many of Rick's photo's are not taken in the wild, but at his home.

Eric