Ethmostigmus trigonopodus?

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I recently picked up this centipede at a local show and the vendor didn't know the species. The only thing he new was it's "common" name which he said was an African tiger centipede. I thought it might be ethmostigmus trigonopodus. I asked around on a few pede groups on face book and quite a few people said it could be E. Trigonopodus. Then some said it could be scolopendra morsitans black head morph. Looking through Google at ethmostigmus trigonopodus pics I didnt see any with legs the color of my pede. However there was an image of a scolopendra morsitans black head that looked similar. So I've come here for a final ID. 20200104_222922.jpg 20200104_222922.jpg 20200104_222930.jpg 20200104_155913.jpg

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
It's Ethmostigmus trigonopodus. You can tell from the enlarged first spiracle pair and the fact that the head plate doesn't overlap the first tergite.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's Ethmostigmus trigonopodus. You can tell from the enlarged first spiracle pair and the fact that the head plate doesn't overlap the first tergite.
Thanks man! That was my initial thought but I started second guessing myself.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Hmm, I dunno...looks a lot more like a beautiful centipede to me...

:D, nice acquisition!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, I dunno...looks a lot more like a beautiful centipede to me...

:D, nice acquisition!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Thanks man! I was super stoked to find one there and for the price couldnt turn it down ended up getting it for $25!