Ethmostigmus rubripes spinosus (India)

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very nice!!!! I'm guessing about 6 - 7 inches?

btw, with your luck, i wouldn't be surprise if that thing is gravid.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
very nice!!!! I'm guessing about 6 - 7 inches?

btw, with your luck, i wouldn't be surprise if that thing is gravid.
Oh nah, I think this is a smaller species. This one is no bigger than 4 inches. They definitely make up for that in terms of coloration though, so I'm not complaining.

ophiophagus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is pretty bitchin. I don't recall seeing any pedes from india on the market. Nice pic up!

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congrats on a nother great looking species. Gotta love dark/blackish pedes :drool:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Coooool, I like the build around the head, kind of hefty looking, nice solid color on that one. Somebody, I think it was "Steven", had an Ethmostigmus that was prob around 7 inches, solid blue legs, can't find the old pic, it was crawling on his hand. With your luck, it'll prob lay eggs tomorrow:razz:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
nice addition !
used to have them too, but i guess i've kept them too warm or too dry, as far as i remember they are from a totaly different region then Sc.hardwickei, more mountain habitats. mine also burried alot, but maybe they were searching for more humidity and cooler places ?

good luck with them, i always fancy totally black colored inverts :)

@Todd
yep that was i,... those were Ethmostigmus from Kenia with the solid blue legs and brown body,... they were LARGE ! never seen those specific colorforms or size again in the hobby.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't know this spp...

Thaks for sharing, and of course, nice addition!

Cheers
Carles

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice addition !
used to have them too, but i guess i've kept them too warm or too dry, as far as i remember they are from a totaly different region then Sc.hardwickei, more mountain habitats. mine also burried alot, but maybe they were searching for more humidity and cooler places ?

good luck with them, i always fancy totally black colored inverts :)

@Todd
yep that was i,... those were Ethmostigmus from Kenia with the solid blue legs and brown body,... they were LARGE ! never seen those specific colorforms or size again in the hobby.
Steven, I loved those, I had 3 people in Africa looking for them, none ever got one. >>>>too bad breeding prodgects weren't as predictable then.