ethmostigmus rubripes pre-moult?

awesome animals

Arachnopeon
I have an ethmostigmus rubripes tiger form that i got about 2 weeks ago, it is my first centipede. At first it was a really good eater, taking every feeding opportunity i gave it. But recently it all of a sudden lost its appetite! The last time I fed him was about a week ago but now he doesn't want his food. I have also noticed that he is a bit sluggish and slow, his color also looks a bit faded. I was suspecting he was in pre-moult, but this mourning I went to check on him and he wasn't under his bark like usual, he was actually out in the open. I thought that maybe he was looking for food, so I gave him a roach and he sort of went for it but then changed his mind, so I gave him something easier (a mealworm) and after a bit of going for it then changing mind, he got it! I am surprised because I was almost certain he was in pre-moult. also it took him quite a long time to eat it. do you think this was like a quick last feed before moult or something else?

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
It does sound a bit like your pede is in premolt, so it's surprising that he's still feeding. Otherwise, I'm sure he'll be alright and will molt soon.

awesome animals

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice. The centipede didn’t actually finish the mealworm in the end, it was just nibbling a little and then decided not to. Also, how long do you think he will be in pre-moult?

connieisdead

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice. The centipede didn’t actually finish the mealworm in the end, it was just nibbling a little and then decided not to. Also, how long do you think he will be in pre-moult?
Hard to say, it could be much sooner but it may be a few weeks before he molts.