Ethical Breeding Size of a B. albopilosum?

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
I have a female Brachypelma albopilosum that I would like to start searching for a male for. I have bred allot of other sp. but never these so I am not sure how big the females get when they are a breedable size. I know that the sizes can vary and also the males sizes can vary but just a guestimate would help out.

I have big hands so you really cant scale her to mine. She is about 5" diagonal legspan and is very healthy. Is she breedable at this size do you think?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would think breedable size for most T's with a standard adult size of around 5 1/2 or 6 inches would be around 4 1/2 for most of them. I'm baseing that on the general mature size of the males for the same species. I think the females mature around the same size the males do except the females have the opertunity to keep growing. That's just my opinion.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
She is very ready right now! Get on that and find a male...... actually you might not have to look to far. I have one, =-)

Most Ts you dont want to breed under 4.5. But you should try for 5. Unless we are talking about dwarf species.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's ready. Adult size for that species is roughly 6 inches, so I'd say go for it. Worse case scenario, she's not interested in the male.