Ethel Webster's Jumping Spiders

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Thought it's about time I posted some more pics of my sweet little Ethel! She had hidden herself away for almost 2 weeks and this past week she's been out and about more. Yesterday I found her exploring her cage. When she was at the shop she hid away in her hammock for about 3 weeks or so and they thought she may have laid an egg sac. She saved that for me, lol! Her sac is 2 weeks old on Monday and she has made it on the ceiling of the tube she has made her one and only hammock in. I thought I was getting one spider, never mind hundreds! I am up or this challenge and experience despite her being my first. She's so cute! Can anyone point me in the direction of good care advice for slings please?

Ethel reflection!.JPG 20170330_113424.jpg 20170330_113806.jpg

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Has she molted in your care or was she a wild caught adult? If not, then it's a dud sac, which jumpers lay pretty often. If it's fertile, you'll probably want to let the slings cannibalize a bit to weed out the weaker individuals and to make your job a heck of a lot easier when it comes to care.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Thanks! She is wild caught, and I was told she's an adult She hasn't moulted whilst in my care and she's been in captivity since 1st December 2016 at least. Yes, I was planning on communal housing for them to start with.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
So, I got a little boy spider yesterday. His name is Buster. He looks more 'spidery' than my girls though. He took a mealworm from tweezers I was holding this morning, so I'm warming to him, lol!

20170406_131721.jpg 20170406_131226.jpg

GingerC

Arachnosquire
Aww, look how cute he is! I have a male of this species as well; my little brother named him Blue. He's getting on a bit in months nowadays, but still going strong at the moment.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Oh my gosh, that first picture of Bella with her lil head tilted to the side!!!!! :embarrassed:

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Sadly, Ethel Webster died on Good Friday, but I am seeing her babies come near the edge of the nest, so it won't be long before they are running about!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Sadly, Ethel Webster died on Good Friday, but I am seeing her babies come near the edge of the nest, so it won't be long before they are running about!
Absolutely devastating. But great to know she's continuing with her offspring.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Thanks! I was gutted. I really didn't expect to get so upset over her but it was just like losing any other pet!