Ethel Webster's Jumping Spiders

basin79

ArachnoGod
Here you go. This is a moult off my male.

Recent one off my female.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
Basin79 those pics are so cool! Thank you for posting! Can't wait till mine moult now!

Yeah, I saw something online about making a cardboard tube so I cut a loo roll tube in half lengthways and rolled it up. She went in it straight away and must've laid in a couple of days. In hindsight it wasn't such a good idea as it really bugs me that I can't see what's going on inside like I would have if she had made a nest on the side of her enclosure.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Basin79 those pics are so cool! Thank you for posting! Can't wait till mine moult now!

Yeah, I saw something online about making a cardboard tube so I cut a loo roll tube in half lengthways and rolled it up. She went in it straight away and must've laid in a couple of days. In hindsight it wasn't such a good idea as it really bugs me that I can't see what's going on inside like I would have if she had made a nest on the side of her enclosure.
I'm more worried about the spiders getting stuck to the underside of the tape that isn't stuck down.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
I have pressed it down as much as I can. Might try removing it later since they are almost ready to leave the best. Didn't do it before as didn't want to disturb them with it. The black tape was used to fix it to the side of Ethel's enclosure.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have pressed it down as much as I can. Might try removing it later since they are almost ready to leave the best. Didn't do it before as didn't want to disturb them with it. The black tape was used to fix it to the side of Ethel's enclosure.
Maybe just carefully stick some paper to the exposed tape? It'd be tragic if when the spiders leave they get stuck.

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
I peeled the black tape off. It came off pretty easily. Just need the little spiddlywiddlies to make an appearance now.

Duriana

Arachnoknight
That looks like an amazing enclosure! I'd love to see a full picture of it :) Sorry for your loss but at least you have new life to look forward to

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Ethel's babies. They still haven't left the nest yet, but hopefully won't be too long now!
Awe, they are so cute!! Are you going to be getting rid of or selling them? I would love a couple. :D Ive only kept a couple jumpers that I caught in the wild a few years ago before I started collecting tarantulas, I'd love to get some again. cx

Ethel Webster

Arachnosquire
I am hoping to sell some but I'm in the UK. It's my first time raising slings and they haven't left the nest yet. I'm very excited about caring for Ethel's babies.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
I am hoping to sell some but I'm in the UK. It's my first time raising slings and they haven't left the nest yet. I'm very excited about caring for Ethel's babies.
Awe, wish you were here in the US. Id totally buy a couple. :p
Goodluck raising them! Post lots of pictures. :D