establishing NEW emperor populations in foreign lands

Status
Not open for further replies.

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been thinking about this for a while.

having spent my childhood in hawaii and having learned that the native centipedes that scared the pants off me as a kid were introduced only a few hundread years ago has me thinking of the plausability of establishing new emperor populations.

lets face it even if you hate emps because they are a "popular" or "generic" species, they are really cool.

obviously if given enough effort you could establish them in places like hawaii or florida or mexico.

has anyone else ever thought of something like this?
although the winters can be cold in southern california i'll bet there are still places they could thrive in the valley ect.

would be a fun project although it would take years of breeding and releasing and monitoring of where you release.

and you would be in some serious <edit - MrI> if the government caught you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the only thought that comes to mind on this subject is "What a great way to kill the hobby by getting scorpions band as pets."

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that is not a good idea,there have been cases where non native creatures have been let go and established,and messed up the whole ecosystem in the area ,where that species of bug or whatever it be was established.just stick to keepig them in a terrarium as you do now.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
and you would be in some serious <edit - MrI> if the government caught you.
Yep, that's why it's called an ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, and also why we don't allow discussion of such here.... and also why you should brush up on the rules.

-MrI

Status
Not open for further replies.