Esque's picture thread

Esque

Arachnopeon
I am new to this amazing hobby and these are my tarantulas!
The sling is a chaco golden knee/Grammostola pulchripes, I got him on 5 February 2017. I named him Tyrion.

The other juvenile is a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens, also known as the Green bottle Blue Tarantula. I got her on 12 Feb 2017. I named her Arya. I know GBB tends to be more skittish but her speed and action really surprise me and still make my heart skip a beat now when I open her enclosure and she rush at me.

Attachments

Esque

Arachnopeon
On 6 March 2017 I notice the golden knee chaco Tyrion is molting. Saw his old mold and him curling up in a ball. After few hours he moved away and managed to keep his molt. His legs is so much thicker and longer than his previous self. Anyone have ideas (other than mounting the molt in a nice display) on how to keep the molt (e.g. Put between pages of a book?)

Attachments

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Anyone have ideas (other than mounting the molt in a nice display) on how to keep the molt (e.g. Put between pages of a book?)
I stretch it out to a nice position while it is still moist and pliable. Once dry, I put it in a plastic bag in a box with some cushioning.