escapee

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I have officially had my first snake escape. my gray banded king snake has been on the loose for about 3 days. I have looked all over the room. anyone have any suggestions. this sucks not so much that it escaped, (that is not fun) but more so because it is in my mother in laws house. we are here for the summer and will be leaving in about 3 weeks. also they like to leave the doors open at night for the air so I am thinking it very well could have gotten outside.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you put a water and heat source down at night? It may seek it out and you can "nab" him. I hope your MIL isn't a'skeered of snakes... :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, theres a few things you can do. One is to look in all the tight/dark spaces with in the vicinity of where the snake escaped. During the day this is where your snake will be. At night is when it will come out, you can try and wait up for it and see if it comes slithering out from under the tv, or possibly "flour" the room and then see any trail in the powder. But this is of course very messy. ~ Rex

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
not scared

the mil isnt scared of the snakes. she was giving my fiance an earful when we first brought them in about spending money on things like that. not because of what they are so much but more because its spending money. ive checked the room looking for any possible hiding space. I know he will resurface sometime I just hope its before we leave. im not worried about the MIL being scared im just worried about her killing it if she sees it.