Escaped sling!!

yarndilwuck

Arachnopeon
so i got 2 new slings today i'm a brand new owner of t's they came in the mail when i was at work and my brother decided to put them in the enclosure when one of them jumped out and now it is somewhere in my room does anybody have any tips to finding lost slings??
please help
-Ryan

yarndilwuck

Arachnopeon
well luckily it was a freebie one but... if i'm not mistaken it was an OBT they said that when it hit the substrate it jumped and bolted out...sigh

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
An OBT you say? Well you better find it if you have cats, dogs, other pets, or small children. Good luck.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
lol, well welcome to the hobby, best of luck to ya! just keep your eyes open and hope for the best!

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They usually turn up in a bed once they get larger.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hear that...my obt has been in the same deli cup ever since I got it for that same reason. You have to really be careful with these especially as a sling.

yarndilwuck

Arachnopeon
sigh finding a 1/2 inch spider in my room is like finding a needle in a proverbial haystack thats is HUGE...

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
My 1" sling is still on the run. I think it slipped in a crack between the floor and baseboard. I scattered egg cartons around and I look under them twice a day.

yarndilwuck

Arachnopeon
why couldn't h/she have been like my little b smithi... calm and not jumping out at the first sign of freedom

Titandan

Arachnopeon
You might want to check your modem or heater or heat pad. Wherever there is heat in your room or house.

Luckily it's winter so you can more easily entice him to be near heat. I think this is your best bet. Give us an update soon buddy! I love OBT's btw.

yarndilwuck

Arachnopeon
still nothing... i wish i could have at least seen its trajectory so i had an idea of where it could be i wonder how far he would have gone

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Sucks to be you... Both for the reason you lost a T, and the fact you have an Orange Bitey Thing roamin your halls late at night, snatchin yo people up! Nuhmmm nuhmmms!!! {D

Good luck though!

P.S. totally almost happend to me to on the first move with mine. Inches away from escaping into a house full of arachnophobes, and crybabies:}

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
why couldn't h/she have been like my little b smithi... calm and not jumping out at the first sign of freedom
ummm, just a little bit of advice... do not underestimate the speed of any of your tarantulas, especially with unexpected disturbances. thats how i ended up chasing my B. vagans around a counter for thirty minutes, and tearing apart my stove looking for a still MIA 2" G. pulchripes.

every single one gets 100% attention now when the enclosure opens, whether it be pokie, brachy, etc.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
I just found mine{D. It was out for a stroll in my kitchen, 1" G. rosea missing 1 week