Escaped A. Genic Caught!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Remember a while back, when I posted how she pushed her lid off and left town?
Then we had the waterpipe break...the wall tore out and the carpetting ripped out?
Freedom was so obvious, to the great outdoors..never going to find it again.
Then my b/f's daughter moved back in with a pitbull pup...and life went on..
Today, my boyfriend was in the bathroom, and I was outside with the chickens..I heard him YELLL for me to get in there QUICKLY...I figured he needed a towel, or something equivelant, like toilet paper...He pointed to the floor next to the tub and said "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!" :p
Sitting there, against the tub, was my long-lost a genic. freshly molted, looking just beautiful...
YAY!!!!! =D =D =D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Thats the best news ever=D
You have to get a picture of the T now.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!" :p
Sitting there, against the tub, was my long-lost a genic. freshly molted, looking just beautiful...
YAY!!!!! =D =D =D [/B][/QUOTE]

I take it this was a good-sized A. genic? =D Congratulations on returning your lost lamb to the fold!

Joy

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
she is approx...

4 inches. It was fat when it escaped, now it looks, well, like most of the pictures people post here, normal...not fat at all. Looks very healthy though. My brother has my digital camera or I would take a pict of her. I will get the camera back soon.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by rapunzel
Remember a while back, when I posted how she pushed her lid off and left town?
Then we had the waterpipe break...the wall tore out and the carpetting ripped out?
Freedom was so obvious, to the great outdoors..never going to find it again.
Then my b/f's daughter moved back in with a pitbull pup...and life went on..
Today, my boyfriend was in the bathroom, and I was outside with the chickens..I heard him YELLL for me to get in there QUICKLY...I figured he needed a towel, or something equivelant, like toilet paper...He pointed to the floor next to the tub and said "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!" :p
YAY!!!!! =D =D =D
Great story! :)

How long had she been missing?

Wysi

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had to do a search to be sure..

but it was a month and a day....nice vacation for a T, I guess.

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Re: I had to do a search to be sure..

Originally posted by rapunzel
but it was a month and a day....nice vacation for a T, I guess.
Lucky you! I've had a few escapes over time. All have resulted in fiding the missing critter....except one. One of my GBB slings has been missing for about 3 months now so I don't really expect to see it alive. It disappeared when it panicked during one of my attempsto feed it and it disappeared into the bathroom cabinetry. I'm still HOPING it will resurface, but I'm doubting it.

I'm glad to see a happy ending for you. Didn't your boyfriend know you have tarantulas??? :)

Wysi

spider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thats great news! I had a b.smithi escape once me and my brother took all the furniture out of the room and as soon as i was puttin the curtain back up bam there she was i bumped in to her with my hand and she scratched like crazy! :D She is still here at my house 2 years later.

Later spider,

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats good news. Maybe it was playing hideNgo seek with you.And just picked too good of a spot for you to find. So finally it just said screw it and gave up.=D

webspinner

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How cool is that? Now you got me looking for my P. regalis that i lost about 2 1/2 mos ago, but I don't thik i'll ever find it. I t was only the size of a quarter. So I can kiss that thought good by:rolleyes: