Escape

kingstubb

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My .75" p mettalica escaped last night I'm guessing. It has about a 18 1hour head start. Is their any tips I can use to find it. She was in my closet which is quite big but not a walk in. I can't search for her tonight I won't be home I look through most of the stuff in there. I left a water dish out in the open. Is it worth taking everything out or hoping I catch her in the open with a flash light. I've only had one other escape and caught him but he was a MM. Is their a chance it left the bedroom already? Thanks for any help.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Good luck.. I had a hanum almost triple that size escape and was never seen again.. Really the only thing you have there is pure luck at that point with how small it is.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I´m sorry to hear that. After 18 hours and with a spider that small, it can literally be anywhere by now. All you can do is to try to search for it. Good luck! I hope it turns up, safe and sound :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
As others have said, it could be anywhere. But keep looking every night! You don't need to tear your place apart, just keep your eyes open. I had a 1" N. incei escape, and I hadn't noticed until days after it happened (I thought he was held up in his burrow). Fast forward over a week and I see him alive and well on my bathroom floor, which was clear on the other side of the house.

To be honest, it's unlikely that you'll see your spider again, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Look for it at night, as these are nocturnal creatures. They love to get into clothes, so search every piece of clothing in that closet.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Check your shoes and clothes before putting them on for a while, don't want a bite because it was scared.

Aside from that not a lot to be done, I've heard you can try to put out a water dish, but that's probably a 1 in a million shot

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Look at night when it has been dark for several hours.
Use a flashlight, don't turn the overheads on.
It will need water, put out a dish up on a shelf somewhere.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
My only escape story was an A. versacolor 2.5" (later cerified as a female).
She escaped an i uave no clue how to this day but non the less was MIA.

A few days later my future wife and I were watching a movie on the couch an i got up for a drink. She was on the wall rite beside my wifes head lol. I told her dont move an she freaked (but didnt move). Grabbed her with a catch cup an put her back safely.

Just keep a catch cup handy and keep your eyes peeled. Pokies like it dark so your way more likely to see it at nite and watch corners an crevices for any webbing. Its not likely you see it again but ya never know so GOOD LUCK

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
That very little size of course sadly play an important part because they can sneak/crawl/hide whatever into everything basically, unlike, for instance, a giant genus Theraphosa one.