Escape proof enclosure and Dehaani Update

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes indeed. But mine is missing half its back leg and one in the front. Hoping it will grow back after it molts.
Those most definitely will. My pede is a good example of their cellular regeneration skills.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well thanks Pocco my man for your kindness, but I'm not sure which kind of help I was able to offer you, I'm pretty new with centipedes, unlike for T's :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Btw amazing centipede, I have a S.subspinipes, I love their hunting attitude, great animals.

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
But what about escape-proof enclosures? I would be terrified to find a Vietnamese behemoth crawling around freely in my apartment!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
But what about escape-proof enclosures? I would be terrified to find a Vietnamese behemoth crawling around freely in my apartment!
Ah ah, once my S.subspinipes reached the top and pushed hard with the head the lid, part of the antennae managed to get out but then the lid was too heavy and failed. I was watching the whole scene. Then, pissed off, went down and I gave him/her an adult B.dubia. Calmed down.

I suppose my enclosure is escape proof and at the same time, definitely not lol

daniel333

Arachnopeon
Looks more like a subspinipes to me, i spotted some spines on the right terminal leg. I could be wrong through since the picture is not close-up

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Anyway I think that the only 100% escape proof enclosure for a centipede would been the most highest possible one, no matter if made of glass, plastic etc

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Anyway I think that the only 100% escape proof enclosure for a centipede would been the most highest possible one, no matter if made of glass, plastic etc
There are some species that chew through plastic like they were paid for it. If there are plastic adhesives on the sides of a glass tank, it will use those to get to the top and push the lid, chew through screen, etc.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There are some species that chew through plastic like they were paid for it. If there are plastic adhesives on the sides of a glass tank, it will use those to get to the top and push the lid, chew through screen, etc.
Oh, ok no doubts. I keep mine into a plastic enclosure, and he/she can climb that using the little holes I drilled for help that climbing madness ah ah :) but the height of my enclosure, according to the general opinion about, isn't a right sized one.

Imagine a very tall enclosure, like X3 the size of an adult giant centipede, would been extremely difficult if not impossible to reach the top (without adhesives or else of course).

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd like to see a better picture of your lid if possible, one that shows how it's sealed and secured.

Pocco

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I bought the pede from Martin(bugz.ul) as a dehaani. So pretty sure it is a dehaani. But im no expert.

I'd like to see a better picture of your lid if possible, one that shows how it's sealed and secured.
The lid is secured with 4 bolts. A lego stopper in the middle so the lid cant be pushed upwards. The seals around are a perfect fit. On top of that, i have placed 2 weights on the lid. Pretty confident about the lid.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A few of the air holes in the lid look large enough for it to squeeze out?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
View attachment 217795 View attachment 217796 View attachment 217795 View attachment 217796 View attachment 217795 View attachment 217796 I bought the pede from Martin(bugz.ul) as a dehaani. So pretty sure it is a dehaani. But im no expert.

The lid is secured with 4 bolts. A lego stopper in the middle so the lid cant be pushed upwards. The seals around are a perfect fit. On top of that, i have placed 2 weights on the lid. Pretty confident about the lid.
I think you can sleep fine :)
IMO it's impossible to escape from that... glass, bolts, the holes are too little for such a specimen. Good work man.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking