Escape crickets

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ugh, I hate crickets, they're so annoying.. especially when they run past your T and into your Ts hide and starts laying eggs. Also I hate when they ESCAPE! stupid things, I found 4 in 2 minutes, one was in my droor! a few hours ago I rehoused them into a different kritter keeper, and I could have sworn none got away, but i just realised theres no handle on the kritter keeper, which left those little gaps, I just taped them up a few mins ago, hopefully that will keep them in. Anyone else find crickets really annoying?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
ugh, I hate crickets, they're so annoying.. especially when they run past your T and into your Ts hide and starts laying eggs. Also I hate when they ESCAPE! stupid things, I found 4 in 2 minutes, one was in my droor! a few hours ago I rehoused them into a different kritter keeper, and I could have sworn none got away, but i just realised theres no handle on the kritter keeper, which left those little gaps, I just taped them up a few mins ago, hopefully that will keep them in. Anyone else find crickets really annoying?
Well of course they're annoying. Which is why I feed them to my tarantulas and laugh. :D

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had just one cricket get out of the cricket keeper, it must have walked up over the top of those tubes that slide in, and escaped where the hinged "flap" is that is supposed to come down and prevent escapes.

I taped up that gap, but now I have to be careful that I dont leave the tubes out, since the flaps dont always come down on their own.

And my rosie might be starting another fast, and I have a dozen or more crickets left that are one by one sprouting those wings with which they do their "chalkboard serenade" :wall:

Nothing like a bunch of crickets just discovering that they can make noise, it starts out with faint sqeaks and scrapes, you wonder if your PC is losing a fan motor bearing, or if you left a watch alarm on somewhere in the room that you forgot about. Then they get lots of practice and some even get good enough to make you think someone put one of those darn department store anti theft gates in your room----CHIIIRRP CHIIIRRP CHIIIRRP!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No worries, they won't do any harm. I usually find then the next day if i can't catch them right away.

-Matty

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep I hate them too............. I hate them so bad I bought roaches back in Oct. and will never ever ever go back to crickets.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i to hate them and stop using them years ago i now use 1 / locust hoppers :clap: 2 / waxworms and the moths they turn in to :clap: 3 /mealworms :rolleyes: crickets are :evil: :evil: :eek: :eek: lol and my ( t ) and leopard gecko are very happy :drool: :drool: :} :} :D **** phil

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've had one or two escapes, and of course the container I keep them in smells, but other than that, I really haven't had any problems with them.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I don't think they are annoying unless I'm trying to take them out of a tank from a hair kicker or just an aggressive T then they wanna stay directly next to the spider just so I won't catch em.

its all good though becaus i keept about 190 crickets in a 55 gallon tank and as we speak for the last week or so they have been gut - loading.

addertay

Arachnopeon
I remember being sat at home thinking i wish the crickets would shut up! Then i remembered i didnt have any... Did I?

I found some must have escaped and started a colony under my fridge. Nasty little things

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have 2 cats, so they dont last long if they do escape. but yeah i put them just under cockroaches as least favorite house guests. but i do so enjoy watching the t's tackle them.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I remember being sat at home thinking i wish the crickets would shut up! Then i remembered i didnt have any... Did I?

I found some must have escaped and started a colony under my fridge. Nasty little things
:eek: :eek: thats not good :( death to all crickets :8o :8o :8o i may be getting carried away now :8o :8o :8o :D ***** phil