Escape attempt

Insectotron

Arachnopeon
20201204_091313.jpg This morning a wouldn't believe it but I found my Scolopendra subspinipes crawling on the outside of his container. I forgot to close the lid yesterday and he took advantage and tried to escape. Other than my mistake is there anyway to take into note when my S.subspinipes tries this again?

basin79

ArachnoGod
View attachment 367913 This morning a wouldn't believe it but I found my Scolopendra subspinipes crawling on the outside of his container. I forgot to close the lid yesterday and he took advantage and tried to escape. Other than my mistake is there anyway to take into note when my S.subspinipes tries this again?
A centipede will ALWAYS be looking for a way out. So if you think you'll ever forget to close the lid again put your centipede in large plastic container that is taller than your pede is long plus the depth of your sub. Keep deco away from the edges and be aware a pede will use air holes to get a foothold to climb.

Pedes can and do climb glass enclosures as they can get a grip onto the silicone that holds the glass together.