Erratic behavior of my centipede

Cevlakohn

Arachnopeon
I posted this a while ago on Venom List, but got zero replies. I'm posting it here as well, cause I'm rather worried about my centipede:

Hey. I have a question about centipede health and behavior. Lately (the last couple months) my ~2 yr old Scolopendra heros castaneiceps has been acting strange. His movements have been more jerky, erratic.. if he were a dog I'd say he had rabies. At first I didn't think much of it, but he seems to be like that *all the time*, and he was never like that before. Just now I went to spray his enclosure with water, and when the water hit him he writhed and ran around spasticly like an animal in a cage being electrocuted. Should I be worried at all?

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
A lot of mine will act very angry if I spray them with water, I worry more about the ones that just sit there. As long as he's still eating and seems healthy a change in behavior is not odd for centipedes.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine had that problem. It eventually died after about 8 months of having that problem. does it jerk to one particular side?