Eresus Walckanaeri as a beginner?

Cassey

Arachnopeon
I was looking at tarantulas recently (never had one but I've been doing research planning to get one) and then came across a few true spiders and wanted to look into some good beginner species.
I'm kind of leaning to something like an eresus walckanaeri (sorry if I butchered that) but couldn't find if they were good for beginners.
If anyone could let me know what they're like and if they're good for someone whos completely new to both t's and true spiders, any advice would be great, even with other good beginners

basin79

ArachnoGod
Although I don't have them I do have 3 Gandanameno sp (velvet spiders) that are very, very similar.

They make fantastic easy to care for pets. I keep mine on a thin layer of bone dry coco fibre with a good layer of bone dry sphagnum moss on top. You could also add some cork bark if you wish. And that's it. They don't require water as they get all the moisture they need from their prey.

1 of my 3 females.

Cassey

Arachnopeon
Maybe @Venom1080 can help I remember a post a while back he was talking about them
I saw their post on them, I didn't see anything about their behaviour though and Venom said they were experienced with T's so that's why I was wondering if these would be okay for somebody who wasn't experienced with them.

Cassey

Arachnopeon
Although I don't have them I do have 3 Gandanameno sp (velvet spiders) that are very, very similar.

They make fantastic easy to care for pets. I keep mine on a thin layer of bone dry coco fibre with a good layer of bone dry sphagnum moss on top. You could also add some cork bark if you wish. And that's it. They don't require water as they get all the moisture they need from their prey.

1 of my 3 females.

Firstly, she's gorgeous and secondly, thank you for the info. Only issue would probably be having to find someone in Canada with them

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
What @basin79 said you should be okay with them
I saw their post on them, I didn't see anything about their behaviour though and Venom said they were experienced with T's so that's why I was wondering if these would be okay for somebody who wasn't experienced with them.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Firstly, she's gorgeous and secondly, thank you for the info. Only issue would probably be having to find someone in Canada with them
Fingers crossed you find either of them for sale as they really are great. My oldest female is over 3 years old now. Came as a little sling.

Cassey

Arachnopeon
Fingers crossed you find either of them for sale as they really are great. My oldest female is over 3 years old now. Came as a little sling.
Thanks! I did find the Eresus Walckanaeri, plus there's an expo coming up soon so I'm pretty hopeful for that.