Eresus Behavior Question

Phid Phan

Arachnopeon
Hello!

My Eresus Walckenaeri has been in hiding for almost three weeks. I offered food everyday but she did not come out to eat. She is about 6 months old. I've never whitnessed her molt at this age and I'm not sure if her behavior is the norm. I'm not sure what to do.... I don't want to disturb her if she is in the middle of a molt but....my humanly instinct keep telling me to check on her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any help would be great! Thank you in advance.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hello!

My Eresus Walckenaeri has been in hiding for almost three weeks. I offered food everyday but she did not come out to eat. She is about 6 months old. I've never whitnessed her molt at this age and I'm not sure if her behavior is the norm. I'm not sure what to do.... I don't want to disturb her if she is in the middle of a molt but....my humanly instinct keep telling me to check on her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Any help would be great! Thank you in advance.
She'll be moulting so leave her alone. She'll appear when she's ready.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I shall leave her alone. Thank you so much 👍🏼
It can be hard work at first but you get used to trusting them to know what's best for themselves.

The way I see is this. You disturb them mid moult and it throws them off and they die.

You disturb them and find they're dead. Nothing you could do anyway.

Last edited:

Phid Phan

Arachnopeon
That is sound logic. I will let you know how it goes after these next few weeks. I certainly hope by then she will surface. 🤞🏼

basin79

ArachnoGod
That is sound logic. I will let you know how it goes after these next few weeks. I certainly hope by then she will surface. 🤞🏼
Cheers. Aye tag me into the post please so I get an alert if you remember.

Phid Phan

Arachnopeon
Cheers. Aye tag me into the post please so I get an alert if you remember.
@basin79 She finally molted yesterday! She is now obsessed with spreading her web above the ground. I am so happy words cannot begin the describe. It was nerve wrecking trusting in her. Like you said though, she will show herself when she is ready. Thank you again for your help.

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
@basin79 She finally molted yesterday! She is now obsessed with spreading her web above the ground. I am so happy words cannot begin the describe. It was nerve wrecking trusting in her. Like you said though, she will show herself when she is ready. Thank you again for your help.
Brilliant. Happy days. Thanks for remembering to tag me in.