Eratigena sp egg sac advice

fengzi

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I have a pet Eratigena sp/giant house spider (found in my bedroom). She laid an egg sac a few weeks ago (she was gravid when I found her). I have taken the egg sac out as I am planning to do some photography and microphotography with it before hatching.

I was wondering what's the best way to keep the egg sac in in the mean time and would I be able to put it back in her terrarium once I'm done? Or would she reject it being in there again as I will have removed some of the debris surrounding it.

If I can't give her it back would it be worth me placing in a spare terrarium until hatching? I plan to release any spiderlings back into the environment once they're old enough.

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
I recommend getting a container with some moist NOT DAMP paper towel and letting the egg sac hatch on it, of course the air holes must be way smaller than the huntsmen slings.

fengzi

Arachnopeon
I recommend getting a container with some moist NOT DAMP paper towel and letting the egg sac hatch on it, of course the air holes must be way smaller than the huntsmen slings.
Would a small terrarium with small holes do? I'm not sure how big huntsmen slings are. Huntsmen are bigger than Eratigena though aren't they?