eratigena atrica egg sac

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Please help , i really do not know how to proceed .
Today my eratigena atrica made agg sac . I did thought she was just fat from crickets .
what to do ? how long till slings hatch ? when put that sac in other enclosure ?
what feed to slings ? i have only available medium /small crickets .
wait till slings eat each other till manageable quantity/ size ?

Attachments

zxneon

Arachnosquire
how about moisture ? do egg sac need some moisture ? I like to keep enclosure very dry only small water container to drink .

Majo

Arachnopeon
Hi :D
1) Be sure that the eggs are fecundated (If she was enclosed since more than 1 month, those eggs are (sadly) empty).
2) The eggs will probably hatch past Winter, in the beginning of Spring.
3) The eggsack doesn't need much care, no moisture, no dry enclosure.
4)You can :
- Let the eggs hatch with the mother, she will carry for like 3 weeks. They will eat the leftover.
- Separate the eggsack from the mother and put it in a box. Try to keep some of the web so they can move on it. They'll eat each other. (you can add a small piece of soaked coton for them to drink).

I hope this helped, also you might find fruit flies accurate for slings ;)

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Hi :D
1) Be sure that the eggs are fecundated (If she was enclosed since more than 1 month, those eggs are (sadly) empty).
2) The eggs will probably hatch past Winter, in the beginning of Spring.
3) The eggsack doesn't need much care, no moisture, no dry enclosure.
4)You can :
- Let the eggs hatch with the mother, she will carry for like 3 weeks. They will eat the leftover.
- Separate the eggsack from the mother and put it in a box. Try to keep some of the web so they can move on it. They'll eat each other. (you can add a small piece of soaked coton for them to drink).

I hope this helped, also you might find fruit flies accurate for slings ;)
Thanks for answer . I have heard that slings can eat cricket parts . Legs and other cut body parts , is it true ?
Fruit flies will be out of option . Winter is coming and no wildlife outside anymore to catch or lure.
And i will for sure put egg sac in other container at some moment . I do not want full enclosure with little ones . but when to do it , bout 3 weeks right ?

Majo

Arachnopeon
Yeah I think they can eat crickets part, but I m not sure about it.
(You can find a goblet full of fruit flies and larva at a shop, just saying)
I didnt really understand your last words but if its about releasing the slings, its after the 3rd molt.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Yeah I think they can eat crickets part, but I m not sure about it.
(You can find a goblet full of fruit flies and larva at a shop, just saying)
I didnt really understand your last words but if its about releasing the slings, its after the 3rd molt.
i mean how long to keep sac with mother ? i do not want them to hatch in same enclosure with mother .

Majo

Arachnopeon
As long as you want, until february~march, that's when they will hatch

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My E.Atrica egg sacs hatched pretty quickly. Took about a month and a half for them to hatch.

Also I'd expect more than one egg sac, mines on her 5th one right now ;)

Majo

Arachnopeon
I trust you, I didn't kept this specie but i've had other, and I thought it'll be the same thing, my bad.
(It took month for my pholcus to hatch her eggs !)

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I trust you, I didn't kept this specie but i've had other, and I thought it'll be the same thing, my bad.
(It took month for my pholcus to hatch her eggs !)
It's all good! In my experience these have hatched and grown very quickly. When my female was small she was molted every 25 days or so. Crazy fast!

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Update :
She has made second egg sac .
And other female i have did make egg sac .
Is there a way to tell if egg sac is fertilized
from spider behavior or visual ?

Majo

Arachnopeon
There is probably no ways to tells so. But if they were enclosed with no openings, they are probably not fertilized.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Update:
i pulled all egg sacs i keep them in container with some air moisture so thy do not dry out .
But mother do not go in that corner where eggsacs was (and her funnel) .
Looks like she picked other enclosure corner as her lair .
Is this action stressful for her ? maybe food will help :) ?

Majo

Arachnopeon
I think she have been stressed by this, this happened with mines.
Apparently she will make her new home soon

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Update :
I did peek inside egg sac . There is something moving tiny legs - eggs with legs.
Total i have 6 sacs at this moment (not from 1 spider ofc)
so i think that cannibalism will be my best friend for some time . No one can manage 6x 60 slings :anxious:

Majo

Arachnopeon
Cool if there are slings :)
plus cannibalism is the easiest way :depressed:

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
Please help , i really do not know how to proceed .
Today my eratigena atrica made agg sac . I did thought she was just fat from crickets .
what to do ? how long till slings hatch ? when put that sac in other enclosure ?
what feed to slings ? i have only available medium /small crickets .
wait till slings eat each other till manageable quantity/ size ?
With the 14 sacs my E. atrica laid I put them in a empty water bottle ' small size bottle ' first putted some toilet paper in it, just let them in there out of sun and heat just room temp.
they will hatch when they want hehe :) nothing hard
Here's a photo from when i had them :) just make some tiny oles in top but not to big so they wont crawl out :)

upload_2016-11-6_20-39-18.png

Attachments

Pedemonte Mario

Arachnopeon
With the 14 sacs my E. atrica laid I put them in a empty water bottle ' small size bottle ' first putted some toilet paper in it, just let them in there out of sun and heat just room temp.
they will hatch when they want hehe :) nothing hard
Here's a photo from when i had them :) just make some tiny oles in top but not to big so they wont crawl out :)
food: put some fruit and wait till u have some fruit flies and yes try to put them in bottle... I always released them once they molted a couple of times

View attachment 224257