Ephebopus Murinus ???

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
So when I bought this T, I was told it was a Skeleton Leg. But I handled it the first day with no aggression. It has never showed a treat pose. And I just held it again with no problem. Now I'm not sure to what it is because I looked up Aphonopelma Seemanni , the Costa Rican Zebra T, which is docile. Can anyone help ? IMG_20200219_125123.jpg IMG_20200219_123847.jpg

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Looks like a semanni to me. Picture ID is kind of hard sometimes.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
That's an Aphonopelma seemanni. They are a species who requires deep, fairly damp, substrate.
@AnimalGTR1000 Is that an injury on their right side near leg 4 and their pedicel? That looks as though the spider has hemolymph leaking and substrate is sticking to it. Is that the case?

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
Did you see the part that I added about the injury? Is this tarantula injured?
Yes, her leg is injured. I didn't realize. I feel so bad 😭 This happens to my O.B.T years ago. Lost a whole leg on it's screen top of the cage. Took 2 molts to get it back. Then I re- homed it in a Cheese ball plastic container so that wouldn't happen again

Swagg

Arachnoknight
A little dab of super glue should fix that. Try to clear the dirt away if you can to get to the injury. It may or may not drop the leg, but like @Vanessa said, you gotta stop that bleeding.

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
She seems to be doing o.k. I have been re-housing all of my Ts for 2 days. I saved her for last as I had her in 10 " of substrate. when I was about halfway down to getting her out a big clump had fallen into her cavern. I'm sure that's what hurt her and I just didn't realize it at first. Thanks for noticing. I really do feel so bad for her. But she is moving around good in her new enclosure and webbing it up.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Cornstarch is my preferred method to stop bleeding, sorry to see that you got a seemanni and not e murinus, can you contact the seller?

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
Cornstarch is my preferred method to stop bleeding, sorry to see that you got a seemanni and not e murinus, can you contact the seller?
I'm going to inform them the next time I'm there. I planned on seeing them Friday for an avic. And the bleeding stopped on its own. Before I ever had a chance to help

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I would always try cornstarch, or even flour if that is all you have, before using super glue... especially for someone who has never dealt with an open, leaking, wound. You need to keep an eye on it and make sure that it does not start leaking again as she moves around. It is in a bad spot and it will be that much worse if it is her abdomen that is ruptured and not her leg.

82 Carnage OBT

Arachnopeon
I would always try cornstarch, or even flour if that is all you have, before using super glue... especially for someone who has never dealt with an open, leaking, wound. You need to keep an eye on it and make sure that it does not start leaking again as she moves around. It is in a bad spot and it will be that much worse if it is her abdomen that is ruptured and not her leg.
Believe me, I had no intention of putting super glue on a T ! Even if she was bleeding, I don't see being able to hold her down until the glue dried. But she is fine Vanessa. Thanks for noticing her broke leg. And her abdomen is not busted.

Wow ! I can't believe it. She spun a thick web on the ground, turned over and decided to molt finally. This will be the first time since I got her

And she molted all the way ! Had a hard time getting that hurt leg out. But went good. I watched for hours. It was amazing. I've never seen one do this out of the burrow, all my other Ts have been inside of their burrows when they have molted