Ephebopus murinus "dark form"

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very pretty T, none the less.

also, not for 100% certain, but i have to say, i believe P. subfusca does have different color forms come from the same sac.

i have a male P. subfusca from Ana(which i got off of brianS) that is seemingly lighter colored than her sacmates of the same sac.

i could be mistaken, but i also thought there was a thread(couldnt find it off hand) that had actual pictures of this as well.

either way, carry on.;)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not to get off topic here but here are two juvie p. subfusca males. One was bought as highland and the other, a lowland.

Highland

~4-5"

Lowland

~3-3.5"

Not the best of pics and I know they are of different sizes, but they do look different, no?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not to get off topic here but here are two juvie p. subfusca males. One was bought as highland and the other, a lowland.

Highland

~4-5"

Lowland

~3-3.5"

Not the best of pics and I know they are of different sizes, but they do look different, no?
Oh, and pretty males :)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
to me...color wise yes. but they share the same patterns and such. carapace patter, leg pattern(dorsally anyway)

but...NICE TS man! id like to get that really DARK form of subfusca or whatever it is on Ana's pic thread!!!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
to me...color wise yes. but they share the same
patterns and such. carapace pattern, leg pattern(dorsally anyway)

Why would they be different in those regards? They are the same sp., just a different color. ;)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Until someone can compare spermathecae between two adult females or compare a dark color form to a type specimen I will reserve judgement.

It's still an awesome looking T. Wish I could find one for sale...

Dave

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proven innocent?

In other words... they are assumed the same species until scientifically proven that they are not, or they are not assumed the same species until scientifically proven that they are?

Anyway you look at it, things like this are what make this hobby exciting and keeps it fresh! There are so many amazing spiders out there... somewhere...

GET IN MY BELLY!!! no wait, that doesn't sound right... GET IN MY KRITTER KEEPER!!!

lol

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Innocent until proven guilty, or guilty until proven innocent?

In other words... they are assumed the same species until scientifically proven that they are not, or they are not assumed the same species until scientifically proven that they are?
It's a moot point until somebody tries to breed them. Personally, I hope to see this question sorted out before somebody crosses a DCF with a NCF. Wouldn't it be great if a few years later it's announced that yes they are indeed distinctly different species and... Oops! We just put out a few hundred hybrids which have, by now crossed with other pure E. murinus and now nobody anywhere in the states will be able to tell if they have a pure murinus or not.

Avicularia, anybody? Just sayin'...

italian1x

Arachnopeon
Yeah, like you said. Time will tell I suppose. Hopefully in the near future there will be some of these around to possibly breed and examine.

theizzo

Arachnopeon
i know this one is very old but i want to add some information and experience which ive got from a swiss breeder: he says that its most likely to be that Ephebopus Murinus "Dark Form" is a hybrid out of murinus and rufescens species.