Ephebopus cyanognathus ...

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am tentatively getting one of these in a few weeks, so doing the usual researching to find out all I can.

So is this gourgeous T going to be a pet hole? From what ive read they are extensive burrowers.

Will it at least come out to rest at the opening of the burrow, maybe once a week? Or am I going to only see it on cage transfers?

Just not sure I want to get it if I have to paste a picture on the front of the cage :confused:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have a 3" female that for lack of a better word intrigues me....she doesn't do anything a cyanognathus is supposed to do, according to the reading:wall: and must hate your set-up lol because she is out in the open all of the time...like you, i thought it would be my next pet-hole but to my surprise she has webbed a corner of her enclosure and now resides there:? ...so eventually, i guess she might burrow but as of 5 min ago shes in her corner suite..sooo i wouldn't worry to much...if your getting a sling maybe it might start burrowing but then again what slings dont...these are gorgeous t's

Last edited:

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres what i mean she set up 2 hammock style rest on either side of her enclosure...and doesn't use the hide burrow i provided lol...go figure must be a girl thing:?

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Personality

That is something my little guy/girl doesn't lack. I've heard from some people say that they never see it, but I think that may more be the case as they get older. At least for right now, mine spends a lot of time hiding, but at least gives me some leg every now and again, and it randomly decides to climb every once in awhile. That is when I generally grab the camera for a little photo shoot.

I've got pics from when I first got him, and pics from two molts ago.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I haven't seen mine in six months. For all I know it's a mature male by now. I don't even see legs sitting at the burrow entrance waiting for food, nothing. My husband saw it once maybe a month or more ago, but that's it. I'm tempted to dig him out just to remind myself what he looks like lol!

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thnx for the input, i think im gona pass on geting one now... tlaked to the breeder today also.. same info... give em enough substrate to be "happy" and youll never see em again..:wall: I think Im gonna go in a different dirrection and replace it with a Heteroscodra maculata or a B. Boehmei.

Thnx again all for the input

Last edited:

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A "blue fang" is on my list of must haves, also... whether I see it or not.. but I am really interested in sick4x4's enclosure.... did you make it yourself or can you tell me where you found it?

Thanks,
~Aminah

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A "blue fang" is on my list of must haves, also... whether I see it or not.. but I am really interested in sick4x4's enclosure.... did you make it yourself or can you tell me where you found it?

Thanks,
~Aminah
http://www.tarantulacages.com/ heres a link...... these keep in the moisture great and has good vent which is needed for these guys....adams a great guy look him up...