Ephebopus cyanognathus sling pics

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
God those bluefangs are beauties arent they? I hope to add one to my family in the near future :D

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice pics. I am will be posting some pics of my giant pink birdeater soon. She just molted. :D ;) :)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now that is an awesome looling T. I'll have to add that to my ever growing list.

Botar

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jealous=jacen beers. THose are amazing and practically impossible for me to get.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Jacen Beers,

How come they're impossible to get in Canada. I thought Jeremy Huff, of Canada, bred these this year. Or perhaps had a bunch.
john

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
stuff is always impossible to get in Canada

Even if you can find the spider, some dealers refused to sell, I tried to buy large Stripe Knee from a Petland store in the south of Calgary, and they would not sell to me, untill i got parental or landlord approval, I told them to forget it.

As for most places, selection is really limited up hear from what ive seen. and anything out of the ordinary is really expensive. Ive found rosies hard to find. at least around Calgary

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm not a believer...

There seems to be two species of Ephebopus "blue fangs" floating around the US.
The very first US spiderlings of this blue fanged genus, to arrive on the market, had pinkish to a metallic green cephalothorax. Later, a bunch came in and spiderlings had very black cephalothorax. This leads me to believe there are two species, or perhaps subspecies. Is one Ephebopus cyanognathus, and one really E. uatuman?
This is perplexing and nobody is really picking up on this. Here is a pic of a spiderling about 3/4", with a non black prosoma. Use Scott's fine pics to see the black ceph version.
Anybody have any ideas? Breeding of this species should probably be put on hold, at least here in the US. The one pictured turned out to be a female, and was later sold to a fellow in CA.
john

Attachments

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey chaset, i am also from Calgary alberta, im in the SW and my personal opinion of the petlands and tarantulas are not good =). Let me know and i can pass you on to a great canadian dealer who is both reliable with good specimins - ive bought from him before and will soon be buying again!.

Fellow Calgarian,

Mark

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bjorgly
Hey chaset, i am also from Calgary alberta, im in the SW and my personal opinion of the petlands and tarantulas are not good =). Let me know and i can pass you on to a great canadian dealer who is both reliable with good specimins - ive bought from him before and will soon be buying again!.

Fellow Calgarian,

Mark
The PEtland here is great. I I got a P Murinus (skeleton tarantula) there a long time ago, they always have tons of Rosies and Stripe Knees and I got two of my pinktoes from there. THey are really good.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Re: I'm not a believer...

Originally posted by LaRiz
This leads me to believe there are two species, or perhaps subspecies. Is one Ephebopus cyanognathus, and one really E. uatuman?
john
Hmmmmm..... Interesting, I never heard that there were two types going around.... Another possibility might be sexual dimorphism. Mine is around the 3/4 mark in that picture as well so if it is an artifact of dimorphism, that's probably the youngest that I've heard it being noticeable in a T.

Scott