Enough ventilation for C. Versicolor?

mrmann

Arachnopeon
This should be a quick one. I’m new to tarantulas and want to make sure my C. Versicolor setup is appropriate given there’s been an evolution of care information for these guys over the past couple years. Does the ventilation look adequate? As a newb, I don’t know what high vs low ventilation would be exactly. I have a little condensation in the lower corner where I watered, but plan on letting that evaporate and using a small water dish. She’s 1” and loves that top corner, never bothers with the wood. Thanks so much. Looking forward to exploring this new world.

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Id put another row on each side and some on the top. But that’s just me.

mellow

Arachnobaron
That's a nice looking enclosure! Did you make it your self? I think that the tarantula I am going to get next is a C. Versicolor. 😃

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
As previously said, another row just above substrate level, some in the top (both for ventilation and for dripping water into web), and I'd suggest adding some fake plant leaves around the top of that wood. These guys want plenty of anchor points up high. One other thing you might consider is inverting the entire enclosure, so that what you have as the lid is now the base, then hot glue the wood to the bigger (now "lid") section. That would let you open for feeding and watering etc without destroying the webbing s/he will build up in the top...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This should be a quick one. I’m new to tarantulas and want to make sure my C. Versicolor setup is appropriate given there’s been an evolution of care information for these guys over the past couple years. Does the ventilation look adequate? As a newb, I don’t know what high vs low ventilation would be exactly. I have a little condensation in the lower corner where I watered, but plan on letting that evaporate and using a small water dish. She’s 1” and loves that top corner, never bothers with the wood. Thanks so much. Looking forward to exploring this new world.
not enough venting

See this for an idea of what I do.

mrmann

Arachnopeon
@Poonjab @Pyroxian @viper69 I really appreciate your feedback! And I'm very glad I made this post. I will be adding another two rows of ventilation on the sides (further down, near the substrate) as well as some holes on the top lid.

This now has me thinking of my other enclosure for my D. Pentalorlis (Guatemalan Tiger Rump). Currently it's in the same style enclosure as the Versicolor, but with more substrate. I'm guessing I should add a little ventilation on the top of this one as well, but think the sides are ok because there's not as much air space (see photo). Thoughts? I'll add some fake plants to both enclosures when I pick some up.

@mellow Yes. It's a simple AMAC box with holes drilled into it. I picked up the box at The Container Store, but imagine they can be found elsewhere.

Attachments

mellow

Arachnobaron
@Poonjab @Pyroxian @viper69 I really appreciate your feedback! And I'm very glad I made this post. I will be adding another two rows of ventilation on the sides (further down, near the substrate) as well as some holes on the top lid.

This now has me thinking of my other enclosure for my D. Pentalorlis (Guatemalan Tiger Rump). Currently it's in the same style enclosure as the Versicolor, but with more substrate. I'm guessing I should add a little ventilation on the top of this one as well, but think the sides are ok because there's not as much air space (see photo). Thoughts? I'll add some fake plants to both enclosures when I pick some up.

@mellow Yes. It's a simple AMAC box with holes drilled into it. I picked up the box at The Container Store, but imagine they can be found elsewhere.
Thanks. 😃