Enough of the false feeding propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha, i just caught that, yep, they lift the snake up and nudge it closer to the blondi, who is now backed into a corner in the cave..not much of a sign of a hungry blondi..

Look carefully at the 4:30 minute mark and you can see what looks like the tip of a pair of tongs pushing the snake towards the T to encourage it to feed . It looks more like the T was defending itself when it bit and not looking for a meal . Not to mention the fact that the whole thing it obviously shot on a very well constructed set , I would say that your entire point is completely invalid .

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
It looks pre killed when the T pics it up.. :clap: They never actually show it killing the snake. {D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, everyone else pretty much has it covered. I think I'll just sit back and watch from the sidelines this time. ;)

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What are the actual odds of a camera crew being in exactly the right place at exactly the right time to film that? Seriously?
Not to mention the fact that a camera crew with all their equipment apparently managed to squeeze themselves into that burrow and capture that "natural" encounter on film. Maybe it was a Lilipution film crew! :D

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, everyone else pretty much has it covered. I think I'll just sit back and watch from the sidelines this time. ;)
That's too bad. I was kind of looking forward to some scathing commentary from you. :)

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
i like how the camera guy was like "this is the most venomous tarantula... and there are no accounts of people being bit by one? could it be that no one has lived after a bite??" HA

no one has been bit by a blondi before?
not making any comments about the OP because thats what he wants.. to rile everyone up.. so ill comment on the poor excuse of a video

Enomegra

Arachnopeon
While we are at it can everyone please inform the board of education in your area and have them adjust some of the curriculum on Grammar. I know that there is no way I was taught correctly that "Tarantulas can be addicting. Cure hasn't been found yet" is improper English.

Back to work I guess. Am disappointed to have to leave. ;)

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"it's one of the largest and one of the most venomous spiders in the world, the giant tarantula" :D

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
While we are at it can everyone please inform the board of education in your area and have them adjust some of the curriculum on Grammar. I know that there is no way I was taught correctly that "Tarantulas can be addicting. Cure hasn't been found yet" is improper English.

Back to work I guess. Am disappointed to have to leave. ;)
I agree, but your grammar isnt really on point either. ;)

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
.........fail.
i really can't contribute to this thread properly because this sums up the only response i can formulate currently.

you know, i was really hoping you'd chime in with something really good against this twit (or troll). i am disspoint now.

apopli

Arachnopeon
aww this brings back memories. There was always one of these guys on the reptile forums pimping live feeding of dangerous prey because it's "more natural".

Like there's anything "natural" about a non-native predatory species trapped in an enclosure with no escape from the food it potentially doesn't even want to eat that may cause it harm.

On that same line are all the micro-environments provided properly lined and planted with that species' native soil and flora? Is it ensured that all species of prey items are native to that particular species natural habitat? Are your species captive bred or wild caught?

Those questions were all rhetorical...

On the topic of "natural setups", though, I have 2 big fat orb weavers living in one of my larger houseplants. They're native to my local, eat what native species they can catch, and I imagine they drink the drops that form when I spray the plant. I have little regard for their wellbeing and don't at all go out of my way to make sure they're healthy. Perhaps this would be a more ideal species and setup for someone with these lines of thinking?

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Hahahaha...at 1:35 they say tarantulas are some of the most venomous spiders in the world. Is that not taking any other true spiders into consideration?:wall:{D

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YheSMK3NkNw&feature=related

Once again nature has proven elitists and hobbyists DEAD WRONG! The problem with 90% of people who have tarantulas, is the fact they have eliminated the pure nature from them. Because you choose to tong feed, hand feed, or starve them with 1 frail captive bred cricket per week, DOES NOT mean this is how it should be, or how it's supposed to be.
No, once again YouTube has proven that there are some people that will believe anything they see a video of...

If you're just here to stir up crap, we can do without you... and it's not a threat, it's a promise...

Status
Not open for further replies.