Enlcosure too big?

SoulSpiegel12

Arachnosquire
I recieved a euthalus sp. Red today. Was wondering if her enclosure is a bit too big. 20170216_105306.jpg

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
It´s bigger than needed, but as long as it can find its prey, I don´t see any problems with it. The distance between the substrate and the top is fine, and that´s the most important.

SoulSpiegel12

Arachnosquire
Thanks guys. I added a bit more sub as she was climbing to the top of the lid as there was a bit of space where she could injure herself. 20170216_113750.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I'd add some plants in there to give it some more cover. Though that's mainly more for me then out of any real need.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Looks good to me! Congrats on the little girl!

As I'm sure you've already experienced... they're always on the move! :happy:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I oversize my Euthalus sp. Red containers on purpose since they tend to wander a lot.

I'd add some plants in there to give it some more cover. Though that's mainly more for me then out of any real need.
^^^ I agree with this. It makes the layout a little more interesting mainly for you, but also adds a few more webpoints for your T. Mine does web up in a noticeable manner though it isn't comparable to a GBB or other heavy webbers.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Yeah, limited vertical space is the important thing to think about. The width just gives them wandering room. That's the main thing I enjoy about this genus: they do more than just sit there:D

Those round enclosures are neat. But I find they are hard to place next to each other (if you have a few) without wasting shelf/table space:)

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Congratulations!
Nice addition to any collection.
The added substrate is fine. Since these tend to roam about, I'd add a plastic leaf or two, give them something more to explore. :)
@Anoplogaster, ever considered stacking? When space is limited, going "up" is an alternative, just don't over stack. ;)

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Awesome little T. I'd add a small fake plan or two, but she'll move around a lot. I find mine is one of my more active tarantulas. Looks good otherwise!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I oversize my Euthalus sp. Red containers on purpose since they tend to wander a lot.

^^^ I agree with this. It makes the layout a little more interesting mainly for you, but also adds a few more webpoints for your T. Mine does web up in a noticeable manner though it isn't comparable to a GBB or other heavy webbers.
Mine webs at well, but it is more like a carpet on the floor than an intricate webcastle.
Congrats on the addition, you'll won't regret it. Funny little species, always strolling through or out of the enclosure. :)