• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Encyocratella olivacea

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Unsuccessful

Breeding 1: Took place on 1-2-2009

Breeding 2: Took place on 3-1-2010

Breeding 1: Female and Male were set up in a divided 10 gallon aquarium with a tunnel at the top large enough for the male to retreat back to one side and breed when he wanted too. The pair breeded several times and cohabitated. The female laid a sac and 25 days later ate it.

Breeding 2: Female and Male were set up in a divided 10 gallon aquarium with a tunnel at the top large enough for the male to retreat back to one side and breed when he wanted too. Several insertions took place however, the female molted out on 7-16-2010 and male died yesterday.

:mad::(

Would love to see some sucess in the U.S. please

On Breeding # 2: I am very aware the EO Females are one of the only theraphosid species described to lack spermathecae and can possibly molt up to 3 times still retaining eggs. However, the male was not fresh when he finally got the insertions & I have seen her gravid and know her patterns. She can and I hope does suprise us, but I will keep updated and be on the look out for a male for her.

Attachments

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
E.olivacea

I went to KWH in Oct 2006. I purchased 17 E.olivacea spiderlings from 2 different bloodlines. A light color form and a dark color form. In March 2009 my first male molted ultimate. At that point I had 4 females and 5 males that eventually molted ultimate and had been paired with the 4 females over the course of the next 3 months. Some females mating with two different males. 4 of the males being consumed by females.
All climate data was paid attention to as of that from Mt. Meru and two wet season's were also simulated along with day and night Temps,humidity and hours of daylight. Some sunshine was provided as well.

Alot of effort on my part was put into this and I did not overlook much. Seeing my trip to Germany was for this sp. in particular. You can imagine how I have felt not being successful until the first week of October 2010 when we started catching spiderlings around our house!

The female molted once and 5 months later produced a small sac. I counted 20 molts in it from the larvae to the first skin. I currently have 17 spiderlings from her and she just molted again. Lets hope she drops another sac! I have been searching the house in hope's of finding a couple more!

Wade:)

Last edited:

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
On November 9th 2011 I checked on my Female E.olivacea that produced for me last year she had been webbed in for some time and I knew she was not due for a molt. I tore into the substrate to find at least 40-50 1st instars. This is exciting for me seeing olivacea have the ability to produce multiple egg sacks from one mating. I currently held back 13 from last years sack.

I understand this female is the first successfully mated female In the U.S ! and this is her second sack from one mating!

Cheers Wade

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

Just produced a bunch of these little ones here. :) My female was paired 5/28. An eggsac was found 7/30. It was pulled 8/28 and contained 1st instars. 2nd instar was reached 9/18. The temps were kept around 65-80 degrees throughout the entire process. The humidity varied, but was most likely around 60-70%. The final count was 93 2nd instar.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

This eggsac is the product of a double clutch dropped by the same female in my earlier breeding report. Again, this female was paired on 5/28/13. Her second eggsac was found on 10/25/13, was pulled on 11/23/13 and contained EWL's. 1st instar was reached 12/6/13 and 2nd instar was reached on 1/24/13. The temps were kept around 60-80 degrees throughout the entire process. The humidity varied, but was most likely around 60-70%. The final count was 37 2nd instar.