Enclosures

SFay00

Arachnopeon
May I see a few enclosures for a GBB so I can base my enclosure off of? I'd like an enclosure optimal for web building so my T can roam around. I Have a 10 gallon tank btw.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Mine's a webbed-up mess. There is a waterbowl and corkbark under there somewhere towards back. I just glue gunned silk foliage down the two long sides of tank and let her go at it. Most of the foliage has pulled loose from the heavy webbing - those weird 3 dots in upper right of pix are glue left when foliage was pulled loose.
Picture is from narrow side since I don't have enough room on my T shelves to have the normal front-facing view.

Attachments

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I know they're not the same species but this is what I did for my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. Buried a plant under the sub and had it coming up at various points and various heights.

And this is what she's done so far.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I know they're not the same species but this is what I did for my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. Buried a plant under the sub and had it coming up at various points and various heights.

Is that a live fern basin? Nice looking enclosure.

cold blood

Staff member

Great idea.

SFay00

Arachnopeon
Would you say an item for a GBB to hide under is necessary? I'd rather not have one since it is large taking up a good portion and won't she make her own little home with webs ?

And I'm very happy with my new tank set up thanks a lot you guys.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Would you say an item for a GBB to hide under is necessary? I'd rather not have one since it is large taking up a good portion and won't she make her own little home with webs ?
I'd offer her something to run too/hide in. I formed a roof with the fern (top right in the pics from above) and my girl quickly found it, improved it and now resides under/in it.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
10 gallon is pretty big for these guys. I would suggest looking up acrylic enclosure online or search for a 5 gallon.

I kept one in a ten gallon and except for one side of the tank, it was pretty empty

have a hide, a buttload of anchor points, water dish, and you should be good to go.

SFay00

Arachnopeon
Here's my setup as of right now, I'm going to add a place for her to hide under and I am aware the tank is a little tall. Anything else I can add?

Attachments

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
Here's my setup as of right now, I'm going to add a place for her to hide under and I am aware the tank is a little tall. Anything else I can add?
Possibly a baseball bat and and a ball considering your T is quite the enthusiast

Possibly a baseball bat and and a ball considering your T is quite the enthusiast
But seriously, looks good but needs more substrate in case of a fall :D

Isahales

Arachnopeon
Beautiful T, Is that a good tarantula for a beginner ?
I would like to say yes but unfortunately no it's not as "SOME" are defensive and they can move really quick I mean really quick at the same time there bite is worse than other types of tarantulas.But saying that my one is completely different to that. I have never seen it get angry or run but I would recommend getting a pinktoe tarantula for you're first if you want to work your way up to a poecilotheria metallica. As they move quick and have similar needs but also not as bad of a bite.I would recommend roughly 4 or 5 years of experience first and have 2 more tarantulas before getting this one so you can understand different tarantulas and behaviors.

After that then try your first poecilotheria's even poecilotheria metallica if you can find one.But they aren't hard to look after at all it's just that they move really quick and have a bad bite that's what really make them an advanced species to look after.The main problem is getting one as they are the most sort after tarantula and they are critically endangered.They do pop up from breeders I am the luckiest guy to get that one and the whole tank and tarantula cost me £100 which is $125.74 when the tarantula is worth more than that on its own so i'm really lucky.If you want to know more here's a link it's really up to you if you get one but I would say have some form of experience and look into it alot first.:happy:
http://www.mikebasictarantula.com/Poe-metallica-care-sheet.html

Beautiful T, Is that a good tarantula for a beginner ?
Also if you want to know more about them or any other qustions just ask also last picture is of my T but that was not my hand it was the persons hand I got it from

Attachments