Enclosures

SFay00

Arachnopeon
May I see a few enclosures for a GBB so I can base my enclosure off of? I'd like an enclosure optimal for web building so my T can roam around. I Have a 10 gallon tank btw.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Mine's a webbed-up mess. There is a waterbowl and corkbark under there somewhere towards back. I just glue gunned silk foliage down the two long sides of tank and let her go at it. Most of the foliage has pulled loose from the heavy webbing - those weird 3 dots in upper right of pix are glue left when foliage was pulled loose.
Picture is from narrow side since I don't have enough room on my T shelves to have the normal front-facing view.

Attachments

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I know they're not the same species but this is what I did for my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. Buried a plant under the sub and had it coming up at various points and various heights.

And this is what she's done so far.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I know they're not the same species but this is what I did for my Chilobrachys Fimbriatus. Buried a plant under the sub and had it coming up at various points and various heights.

Is that a live fern basin? Nice looking enclosure.

cold blood

Staff member

Great idea.

SFay00

Arachnopeon
Would you say an item for a GBB to hide under is necessary? I'd rather not have one since it is large taking up a good portion and won't she make her own little home with webs ?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Would you say an item for a GBB to hide under is necessary? I'd rather not have one since it is large taking up a good portion and won't she make her own little home with webs ?
I'd offer her something to run too/hide in. I formed a roof with the fern (top right in the pics from above) and my girl quickly found it, improved it and now resides under/in it.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
10 gallon is pretty big for these guys. I would suggest looking up acrylic enclosure online or search for a 5 gallon.

I kept one in a ten gallon and except for one side of the tank, it was pretty empty

have a hide, a buttload of anchor points, water dish, and you should be good to go.

SFay00

Arachnopeon
Here's my setup as of right now, I'm going to add a place for her to hide under and I am aware the tank is a little tall. Anything else I can add?

Attachments

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
Here's my setup as of right now, I'm going to add a place for her to hide under and I am aware the tank is a little tall. Anything else I can add?
Possibly a baseball bat and and a ball considering your T is quite the enthusiast