Enclosure top modification

SpidersAndSnakes

Arachnopeon
Thought I'd share this as it works really well for me. I modify most of my T enclosures with one or two rubber stoppers on the lid/top. To cut the holes I use a Dremel tool with a roto-zip bit. Then sand the hole round/smooth with a Dremel sanding bit. It doesn't have to be perfect. This works great because it's much easier to remove a stopper than slide off the whole lid. It is quiet and much less distracting for your tarantula. It's also safer for your bolty tarantulas! It is very difficult, if not impossible for them to find and bolt through the small hole in the middle of the top. It also reduces exposure the those pesky hairs if you have a kicker. DoubleStopper.jpg SingleStopper.jpg If this is an idea that has been shown before... never mind! This is my first post on Arachnoboards. Thank you.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Thought I'd share this as it works really well for me. I modify most of my T enclosures with one or two rubber stoppers on the lid/top. To cut the holes I use a Dremel tool with a roto-zip bit. Then sand the hole round/smooth with a Dremel sanding bit. It doesn't have to be perfect. This works great because it's much easier to remove a stopper than slide off the whole lid. It is quiet and much less distracting for your tarantula. It's also safer for your bolty tarantulas! It is very difficult, if not impossible for them to find and bolt through the small hole in the middle of the top. It also reduces exposure the those pesky hairs if you have a kicker. View attachment 417492 View attachment 417493 If this is an idea that has been shown before... never mind! This is my first post on Arachnoboards. Thank you.
Good first post! Even if it has been shown before, it doesn't hurt to show it again. That's a good idea and I've wondered about doing something similar before, just never got around to trying it. Nice to see it implemented!