Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Wilco13

Arachnopeon
Metal ship, half buried in dirt. She liked to dig down and made her home inside the ship, underground.

Red castle, just fish aquarium decor but it was hollow, she made the inside of the castle her burrow and stayed in there. FD96E32B-6739-466E-BE2A-EED953CD9EA0.jpeg
Just some live succulents, I didn’t keep this one for long as she was having a hard time burrowing and seemed to prefer premade b
64BB3DA0-FAA5-472D-9DFA-D7C4DA9CA373.jpeg All made for a curly haired T sling😘✌

Attachments

Mountaindani

Arachnopeon
That looks so cool. The ship is wicked. I like to make my enclosures pretty. I worried about metal rusting. Is that a concern? I have an aquarium castle I'm thinking about using for my LP when it gets a little girth ;) I am tempted to try a succulent in the one corner my GBB doesn't web.

Wilco13

Arachnopeon
That looks so cool. The ship is wicked. I like to make my enclosures pretty. I worried about metal rusting. Is that a concern? I have an aquarium castle I'm thinking about using for my LP when it gets a little girth ;) I am tempted to try a succulent in the one corner my GBB doesn't web.
Yess I love decorating, I had one with a dragon in it as well but I only had a video of it and it wouldn’t upload🤷‍♀️

I wasn’t worried about the metal rusting because I switch up the tank fairly often. I think it was in there maybe two to four weeks before I removed it? No sign of rust anywhere, I was impressed since I always keep humidity high. It was a model ship my big brother bought and built, who knew it would be a baby tarantula home one day??

I loved the castle because I could set a worm on the entrance steps and my sling would come bursting out and drag it into its lair…😈 very fitting for a miniature castle monster! Again a video wouldn’t uploa🙄

I love succulents, only reason it didn’t work out is because my sling was too lazy to burrow, she likes premade dens😒 She’d just sit at the top, definitely not normal T behavior😭

I like using aquarium decor, there’s usually so many little nooks and crannies for slings to wriggle into :)

Mountaindani

Arachnopeon
Screenshot_20221119-000728_Chrome.jpg
This is from Primal Fear Tarantulas. It's what I'm ordering when my LP is ready for its final enclosure. I guess I don't really make my slings enclosures too fancy. I set them up like Tom Morans videos show. I do have a castle I also considered McGuyvering. Someone has a good bioactive video posted I want to use.I have some time to think about it. I did buy cute cube sling enclosures for my G. pulchra and B.smithi because they will be in them for a long time. I decorated them once (Tom Moran style) and they have redecorated the way they like it. I'm not bugging them about it... get it?! Bugging?! Sorry.
I posted my little fluffy G.pulchra :)

Attachments

Dementeddoll

Arachnoknight
Left Top arboreal canopy enclosures from tarantula cribs. Housing a P. Cambridgei and a P. Irminia.
Left bottom: terrestrial juvi G. Pulchra
Middle bottom: terrestrial juvi Mexican Fireleg
Middle cubes: fossorials housing a C. Lividus (emerald femur), H. Pulchripes, and Blue Fang.
Right canopy C. Versicolor
All enclosures except the one housing the fireleg are from tarantula cribs.
Soil is 50% reptisoil 50% coconut fiber
Added moss and leaf debris along with branches to have a more realistic aesthetic.

Attachments

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys! I let this one grow in for a while before introducing her. She's pretty good at keeping things pushed over. I regularly go in a clear up some webbing and try to adjust plants more upright. Is what it is...a large spider tank, lol

taranbandido

Arachnosquire
Theraposa Stirmi enclosure. 92 cm long, 40 high and 32 wide.. Burrow 52 cm long and 27 cm deep with soil to dig..
20230104_000810.jpg

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Looks great! One/two things I would do from experience - a layer of moss and then leaf litter. This will help maintain some moisture and also provide food for the springtails. Your plants will like it too 😊