Enclosure/size opinion needed

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
It is an amazing change i agree, tbh thats what swug getting one for me my SO said it was one of the best to watch grow next to versi because of the changes they go through. Really glad i have one now, and was lucky enough that my 1cm sling turned out to be female 😊
Congrats on winning the gender lottery! Unfortunately, as mine turned out to be male, I have the decision to make fairly soon to send him out for mating where there’s a high chance he will be eaten, or let him live out his life in frustration with me.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Congrats on winning the gender lottery! Unfortunately, as mine turned out to be male, I have the decision to make fairly soon to send him out for mating where there’s a high chance he will be eaten, or let him live out his life in frustration with me.
I think I will always send for breeding, I don't think I could watch my t just wander round waiting for a female that will never come till he wore himself out. Idk if your old enough but when I was little there were adverts for animal charities where they showed tigers and bears in tiny cages pacing back n forth and it makes me think of that when I think of a mm waiting for a female. I think I would rather give my mm's a chance to forfill their only life's goal then watch him pace everyday. I can understand not wanting them to be eaten either especially when you have raised them from sling I have a genic male I will have to send off eventually so I definitely understand. And you never know he may be successful and you may get a few of his baby's n get your female out of them 😊🤞 she would be extra special then when you do get a female 🥰 and you never know your boy maybe one of the lucky gbb males n get away after.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I think I will always send for breeding, I don't think I could watch my t just wander round waiting for a female that will never come till he wore himself out. Idk if your old enough but when I was little there were adverts for animal charities where they showed tigers and bears in tiny cages pacing back n forth and it makes me think of that when I think of a mm waiting for a female. I think I would rather give my mm's a chance to forfill their only life's goal then watch him pace everyday. I can understand not wanting them to be eaten either especially when you have raised them from sling I have a genic male I will have to send off eventually so I definitely understand. And you never know he may be successful and you may get a few of his baby's n get your female out of them 😊🤞 she would be extra special then when you do get a female 🥰 and you never know your boy maybe one of the lucky gbb males n get away after.
Thank you for your perspective there. I was leaning towards sending him out, and you've helped me make that decision to do so. If it were a loan with a high chance of coming back this would have been an easy decision, but we're both aware the odds aren't in his favor. Still will be hopefully to get the old man back when that time comes. As he's hit 3" and starting to get his colors, I'm assuming I'll need to be looking for prospective dates sooner than later. I wish your genic male success and luck at escaping, too. My genic just molted and the exuvia looks complete so far (provided (s)he doesn't rip it to shreds), so I'm hoping to confirm gender when I can grab it next week.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you for your perspective there. I was leaning towards sending him out, and you've helped me make that decision to do so. If it were a loan with a high chance of coming back this would have been an easy decision, but we're both aware the odds aren't in his favor. Still will be hopefully to get the old man back when that time comes. As he's hit 3" and starting to get his colors, I'm assuming I'll need to be looking for prospective dates sooner than later. I wish your genic male success and luck at escaping, too. My genic just molted and the exuvia looks complete so far (provided (s)he doesn't rip it to shreds), so I'm hoping to confirm gender when I can grab it next week.
I will have everything crossed for the moult and for your little man 🤞🤞🤞 keep me updated please and when you do find a female for your handsome fella, I wish him all the luck with success and escaping too.
Good luck to you to for finding him a gf and getting a female moult 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
The A.avic will do fine, but the GBB might need something a little more medium sized.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
For juvis look for plastic container that's 2X long by 2X wide where X is the diagonal legspan of your T. Make sure you can put enough substrate in there too.

For adults and sub adults, if you wanna display them, don't use acrylic. It's a pretty soft material that's also pricey and doesn't last long. Find a used beta fish tank or aquarium. For example, I keep my 5.5 inch G pulchra in a 5.5 gal that's 8 inches by 16 inches by 10 inches. My 8 inch L parahybana is in a classic 10 gal 10 by 20 by 12. My 5 inch B emilia is in a classic exo Terra terrarium 12 x 12 x12. I don't remember how much each of these enclosures cost me, but none of em were over 30 bucks.