Enclosure setting for GBB

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Anyone elses gbb super skittish. I move the enclosure and it kicks hairs none stop. Super moody.
Yes lol. I think they are kind of known for being skittish and/or having healthy attitudes. Mine is small still - barely over 1" DLS - and it kicks hairs every time I try to fill the water dish. And then attacks the water. And then realizes it's not food and kicks hairs again. It's great. We have a great time. I'm waiting on one more molt before rehousing it, and hopefully it will chill out in the bigger enclosure... but I won't hold my breath.

With that said, my GBB is definitely one of my favorites. Great colors, fun personality, awesome webbing, good eater. Excited for it to keep growing but I'll be sad when it loses the sling patterns!

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Anyone elses gbb super skittish. I move the enclosure and it kicks hairs none stop. Super moody.
Mine is the same. Mine is SO fast and quite the pissy pants. She attacks the water dish when I put water in. I have to open the smallest hole in the lid to pour water or feed or I just know she'd be out before I could blink.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Mine bolts around and kicks hairs non stop. It's not even an inch and it has this attitude. It is also growing really slow. And not gaining too much size with molts. Strange. image-2019-09-06-14-28-28~2.jpg

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Mine bolts around and kicks hairs non stop. It's not even an inch and it has this attitude. It is also growing really slow. And not gaining too much size with molts. Strange. View attachment 319955
Mine is the same way! It didn't put on much size at all with its last molt and was actually still pretty fat after molting, too. It was totally bizarre. Definitely one of my slower growers but most of my collection is fast growing species so I'm not sure if its a particularly fair comparison haha

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Mine is the same way! It didn't put on much size at all with its last molt and was actually still pretty fat after molting, too. It was totally bizarre. Definitely one of my slower growers but most of my collection is fast growing species so I'm not sure if its a particularly fair comparison haha
So far I believe my L. Parahybana is the fastest grower I have. It's almost 2.5 inches from a 1/4 inch sling in alittle over a year. And then I have a G. Porteri that has only molted 3 times in the 4 years iv had it. It's an inch now. So the gbb is kinda on the slow side. My B.vagans have out grown it bad.:D

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
My GBB is relatively calm and so far never kicked hairs no matter what. Also can move quick writ it wants to buy it didn'td panic easy