Enclosure setting for GBB

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
So I got this little one today (Green bottle blue sling):

It's currently munching on a baby cricket, so i will leave it in the vial until tomorrow. I've already prepared this enclosure for it:

This good enough?? I did some research and this one seems semi arboreal so i tried to give it some height, webbing points, and ofc water. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
That doesn't look bad but I think it would be impractical. It'll web up everything in sight, especially the water dish.

I would use a rectangular enclosure with more anchor points on one side and less at the other and place the water dish there. It helps a bit keeping the water dish free from its webbing.
Also, you don't need that much substrate. IME they don't burrow at all. But I'd place a slab of cork bark to the side of the enclosure, so it has something to hide behind (at least in the beginning).

I used a Ferrero Rocher box when my GBB was little where the lid only opened at one side, so she had the other side to web up to her liking. They also do well with slightly larger enclosures than you would normally put a sling in.

GBB_new enclosure.jpg GBB_new enclosure2.jpg

It didn't take her long to web up "her" side of the enclosure. ;)

20180609_065133.jpg On top of the world2.jpg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer

It's currently munching on a baby cricket, so i will leave it in the vial until tomorrow. I've already prepared this enclosure for it:

This good enough?? I did some research and this one seems semi arboreal so i tried to give it some height, webbing points, and ofc water. Any suggestions are welcome!
Round containers are perfectly fine. . But i would use little less substrate and put in more twigs

Kitara

Arachnodemon
10 people will give you 10 different answers lol. So, I will add my opinion too. Let me preface that I have a whopping 3mo experience with my GBB so take it for what it's worth.

I think the amount of substrate you have in there is fine. Are they going to use it? Likely no, but your enclosure is pretty tall for a teeny tiny guy so it is good that you have that much. You don't want too much available height because at the end of the day they are still terrestrial and can get hurt from a big fall. I think your setup is just fine. She has anchor points, leaves to hide behind if she gets scared, and water dish. Done. Enjoy!! She is a cutie patootie.

EDIT: Oh goodness I just opened this thread on my big monitor and she's even cuter when I can actually see her (as opposed to on my phone).

Last edited:

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
slings make me gush. It's gross and I hate it, I don't want to be uncontrollably gushing over a cute little spooder.
they are great and im so sad I don't have anymore slings :(
GBB is like a terrestrial with head room that webs in excess. It'll web the water dish but that's a personal issue, you can still wet sub and webbing so it's whatever.
looks fine to me, it'll definitely be fine for a few molts until it out grows it. Some people are perfectionist...but usually for good reason.

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the answere guys! I think I'll move the water dish to the area with the least webbing and i should be fine. I would move it to a more elongated enclosure but it seems to like hanging on the fake plant up high so much for now

Last edited:

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
10 people will give you 10 different answers lol. So, I will add my opinion too. Let me preface that I have a whopping 3mo experience with my GBB so take it for what it's worth.

I think the amount of substrate you have in there is fine. Are they going to use it? Likely no, but your enclosure is pretty tall for a teeny tiny guy so it is good that you have that much. You don't want too much available height because at the end of the day they are still terrestrial and can get hurt from a big fall. I think your setup is just fine. She has anchor points, leaves to hide behind if she gets scared, and water dish. Done. Enjoy!! She is a cutie patootie.

EDIT: Oh goodness I just opened this thread on my big monitor and she's even cuter when I can actually see her (as opposed to on my phone).
Lol thank you so much!!

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Apparently mine likes to climb, it's been sitting even above the fake plant for quite sometime:

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Probably cus the subs a little wetter than they like
Oooh i see, I'll let it dry out for sometime then. Changing the substrate at this point will be troublesome lol. Most if the water came because my aim sucked while filling the water dish xD

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Apparently mine likes to climb, it's been sitting even above the fake plant for quite sometime:

Dont stress. I dont think mine even knows what substrate feels like. I have never seen her on it since day one . Now she has webbed all over it so she stays on the web. 20190907_173520.jpg

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Dont stress. I dont think mine even knows what substrate feels like. I have never seen her on it since day one . Now she has webbed all over it so she stays on the web. View attachment 319781
I think it's already getting used to the enclosure just fine because it took the baby cricket i gave it. I accidentally squished the cricket while trying to feed it to a baby scorpion that wasn't interested so instead of wasting the cricket I thought I'd offer it to the GBB and the good spooder attacked it soon as it disturbed the web:

Bold little guy

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You are doing fine. I used to "Helicopter" my T's.. Now I do not. I have a beautiful female! Her home is a blanket of web and she is beautiful! Oh the water dish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
Mine only climbs to reach webbing points, never just climbs, i thought they were terrestrial, never heard of semi aboreal

TechnoGeek

Arachnosquire
Mine only climbs to reach webbing points, never just climbs, i thought they were terrestrial, never heard of semi aboreal
Mine hasn't touched the substrate yet, but it seems happy staying up high so I'll let it go its thing

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire

That's perfect for the sling. Hope your grows faster than mine. Iv had my sling since February and it was 1/4 inch ,now it's almost an inch.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Anyone elses gbb super skittish. I move the enclosure and it kicks hairs none stop. Super moody.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the answere guys! I think I'll move the water dish to the area with the least webbing and i should be fine. I would move it to a more elongated enclosure but it seems to like hanging on the fake plant up high so much for now
The water dish will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.