Enclosure Recommendation - B. Smithi

MKG

Arachnopeon
I am looking to purchase a B. Smithi as my very first T. I am looking at the enclosures from the Jamiestarantula site and also Lorex Plastics. What is your experience? Size I am looking at: maybe a sling but more than likely a juvenile.
What is the likely hood of an escape?
The wire mesh in these changes, are they know to be a problem?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
While I have never bought any from lorex plastics, I have heard good things about their products. As for the Jamies tarantulas enclosures, some seem not to like them, but I have a couple of them and they work pretty well in my opinion.

MKG

Arachnopeon
While I have never bought any from lorex plastics, I have heard good things about their products. As for the Jamies tarantulas enclosures, some seem not to like them, but I have a couple of them and they work pretty well in my opinion.
Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
If there's a hobby lobby near you, they have perfect sling to juvie enclosures. They're just hiding inside boxes that say "display case".... yeah the little car display cases are the best in my opinion. I just make air holes with a soldering iron.

MKG

Arachnopeon
If there's a hobby lobby near you, they have perfect sling to juvie enclosures. They're just hiding inside boxes that say "display case".... yeah the little car display cases are the best in my opinion. I just make air holes with a soldering iron.
Thank you for the feedback.

Finik

Arachnopeon
Hi.

I am going to do new enclosures for my Ts but I noticed that My rose hair tarantula is often lying on substrátu in the corner against the glass where my heating mat is (it is on one half of back side of tank). Temp. is fine it is always 24 celsium. So should I have in new enclosure heating mat as well ? Or something is wrong with my T ?6

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Heat mats are not needed. If it gets unusually cold, use a space heater.