Enclosure question

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
I found a container in my room that I used for cat food but I was wondering if it would work for a young arboreal T?

My hand compared to it:

Obviously, it would need holes drilled into it.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, just better substrate and like you said holes drilled in it.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Yes, just better substrate and like you said holes drilled in it.
lol that's not a substrate, it's cat food. I was just taking a picture of the container to see if it would do. I still have a lot of research to do before I get a T but I just wanted to know if this would be okay for a young T. :)

Red Beard, why would I turn it upside down? I wouldn't have any access to the inside of the enclosure to feed or anything if I did that.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just i deal.... you can even house a mature arbo T in there.....

the only thing is that those containers are top heavy when they're empty,
i would just try and weigh it down a bit with more substrate...... but definitely good enough....

Peace!!!

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol that's not a substrate, it's cat food. I was just taking a picture of the container to see if it would do. I still have a lot of research to do before I get a T but I just wanted to know if this would be okay for a young T. :)

Red Beard, why would I turn it upside down? I wouldn't have any access to the inside of the enclosure to feed or anything if I did that.
Ignore Redbeard, he's a troll. I had no idea what is was, it looked like little pebbles to me. {D I am assuming you are leaning towards buying an Avic as your first T then?

Red Beard

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There is one in the picture.

What percentage of avicularia will build their web at top, no matter what you do? Is it high, or is it low?

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Ignore Redbeard, he's a troll. I had no idea what is was, it looked like little pebbles to me. {D I am assuming you are leaning towards buying an Avic as your first T then?
Yes, I'm liking the a. avicularia or A. purpurea, but like I said before I still have some more research to do. =)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow that is a cool container you can make a small bio sphere on that :drool:

I highly suggest you to put Coremiocnemis Sp. Blue, Coremiocnemis Sp. Borneo, Cyriocosmus elegans, Cyriocosmus ritae or Cyriocosmus sellatus. this guys only grow 2-3" and they are very colorful :). they will live perfectly and thrive really good in that jar.

you can also put Avics in there but they will probably make tunnels of web which are also cool :)

Post your set up here when your done :), also can I ask you where you got the jar ?

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
This would probably only be temporary until the little guy/girl got bigger because I do plan on having a nice enclosure when it grows into an adult, when I do eventually get a T. I'm still planning on getting an avic of some kind. I am not sure where I got it, as my mother bought it a while ago but she probably got it from either walmart or target. It is a bit top heavy like some one said so I'll have to figure out what I'll do about that.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm pretty sure i've seen those jars at Walmart in the container section.

Definitely go for an Avic. ;) They are slightly addictive.

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
Yeah, Im getting anxious for my Tarantula Keepers Guide book to get here. I really want to read it! lol

I can't wait to learn more about these awesome creatures!

I am definitely going to get an avic of some kind.