Enclosure Plants?

George!

Arachnopeon
I was just wondering what plants (live) would be good for a natural looking Terrarium. Any suggestions, pictures are much appreciated, show me what you've got come on everyone I need ideas :)

Dan

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was just wondering what plants (live) would be good for a natural looking Terrarium. Any suggestions, pictures are much appreciated, show me what you've got come on everyone I need ideas :)

Dan
I have had a lot of success with Pothos or any Philodendron. Both are very sturdy and require very little light.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also use philodendrons, they are very hardy and seem to grow well in all conditions...

Regards, Mike

George!

Arachnopeon
I have had a lot of success with Pothos
So something like this...

http://shop.pollywog.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=127_131&products_id=300

It does say grows well in all conditions so would prob be fine in my planned set ups.

Im going to use some Hydroleca for drainage at the bottom then my substrate (Coir peat + vermiculite), then my pieces of cork bark with java moss already grown on which will form a hide but the only light will be natural.

What do you think?

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pothos is the best plant for enclosures IMO.

It's the only plant I've used into them.

George!

Arachnopeon
Ok then its agreed Pothos it is, off to buy my new plant now :) or several seeing as I have alot of tanks to set up. :)

cheers for replies

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Pothos" (Horrible nick, the Swedish one- 'Gullranka'- is seriously vastly superior) is good because it requires neither a lot of sun nor a lot of water.

It does however require more sun and water than The 'Z' plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia), though some would say the zamiifolia is rather ugly.

'Snakeplants' (Sansevieria) are probably the sturdiest, although some variants might also be considered a bit sharp.

Arachno~Raver

Arachnopeon
just get a non toxic plant list i got one from a reptile magazine and i am experimenting with them in my snake viv at the moment ill try to find time to type up the list tonight.