Enclosure okay?

MKG

Arachnopeon
C. cyaneopubescens 1" coming tomorrow. Does my closure look okay. 1st sling...
I know they like it dry. Water dish...do I fill it?

Attachments

MKG

Arachnopeon
Thank you. I have never had a sling...really nervous

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you. I have never had a sling...really nervous
Don't be...plus as a 1" sling, its really past any difficulties or concerns you might have with a tiny one....by 1" they're generally good to go....you will enjoy raising it I am sure.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
I think you need more anchor points for your GBB, he will do some cool webbing with some more abhor points.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Sorry for double post tried posting this pic earlier. I'm a beginner too so I think your set up is much prettier than mine, that said, here's what I did for anchor points for mine. You'll love your GBB!

Attachments

MKG

Arachnopeon
Should I take out the plant and do a couple of toothpicks?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Should I take out the plant and do a couple of toothpicks?
I would keep the plant, as it can provide multiple anchor points. Plus it adds some color to the enclosure.

If you want additional anchor points, I'd put them on the other side of the hide (away from the water dish unless you enjoy webbed water dishes).

MKG

Arachnopeon
Sorry for double post tried posting this pic earlier. I'm a beginner too so I think your set up is much prettier than mine, that said, here's what I did for anchor points for mine. You'll love your GBB!
Thanks for the photo:)

aphono

Arachnobaron
I'm new too, got my first oh a month and half ago? Three of them were half inch slings.. one a GBB- others are A. eutylenum and G. pulchripes.

I'd say you are getting excellent and spot on advise here. all of these have been very easy and hassle free but I'd say the GBB is the one I worried about the least under my care. You will be fine as you already know the proper basics.

I'm guessing the toothpicks/bamboo skewers may be primarily because they are cheap and available- especially for those who have a goodly number of spiders under their care.. as in no strong reason to use those over whatever else you want and is safe for them. At that size, little silk plants, flowers, maybe twigs you like the looks of. I've seen very nice enclosures with older GBB with gnarly, twisty sticks, wonderful effect when they were variously webbed over. I got a fake bush type succulent plant with plans to divide it up to serve as multiple anchor points and also try to pile/tent some of it if they want a shelter, however none of the three(yeah I got two more lol) I have ever used a burrow.. they seem to prefer to make a tent thing in one spot and spread out a carpet of web from it. Don't be surprised if it never uses that flower pot, still good to have it on offer though.

Good luck but I'd say you'll do just fine with the little one!

MKG

Arachnopeon
I would keep the plant, as it can provide multiple anchor points. Plus it adds some color to the enclosure.

If you want additional anchor points, I'd put them on the other side of the hide (away from the water dish unless you enjoy webbed water dishes).
Added another anchor...how's this look?

Attachments

MKG

Arachnopeon
I just read a post that the mesh lids were not safe. I got this from Jamie's Tarantulas. I am so nervous about it eating through the mesh. :(

MKG

Arachnopeon
I'm new too, got my first oh a month and half ago? Three of them were half inch slings.. one a GBB- others are A. eutylenum and G. pulchripes.

I'd say you are getting excellent and spot on advise here. all of these have been very easy and hassle free but I'd say the GBB is the one I worried about the least under my care. You will be fine as you already know the proper basics.

I'm guessing the toothpicks/bamboo skewers may be primarily because they are cheap and available- especially for those who have a goodly number of spiders under their care.. as in no strong reason to use those over whatever else you want and is safe for them. At that size, little silk plants, flowers, maybe twigs you like the looks of. I've seen very nice enclosures with older GBB with gnarly, twisty sticks, wonderful effect when they were variously webbed over. I got a fake bush type succulent plant with plans to divide it up to serve as multiple anchor points and also try to pile/tent some of it if they want a shelter, however none of the three(yeah I got two more lol) I have ever used a burrow.. they seem to prefer to make a tent thing in one spot and spread out a carpet of web from it. Don't be surprised if it never uses that flower pot, still good to have it on offer though.

Good luck but I'd say you'll do just fine with the little one!
Thank you. My plant is plastic, washed really well. I hope that is okay.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Thank you. My plant is plastic, washed really well. I hope that is okay.
that's plenty good. A thought- ripping/cutting off a stem of that one and placing it in the opposite corner would work just as well as extra anchor point.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I just read a post that the mesh lids were not safe. I got this from Jamie's Tarantulas. I am so nervous about it eating through the mesh. :(
I've got 8 of those and several larger enclosures that use the 2-3 inch screen vents. I've kept multiple Ts in all of them and I've yet to have any trouble. Even were a T to start chewing through it would likely take time to get a hole big enough to get out. If you are worried then keep an eye on the screen for holes.

Added another anchor...how's this look?
For the size of that enclosure the GBB will web it up with little problem. I'd just go with the original plant and call it good myself.

Good luck with your GBB. I've raised several so far and they are a lot of fun. :)

MKG

Arachnopeon
I've got 8 of those and several larger enclosures that use the 2-3 inch screen vents. I've kept multiple Ts in all of them and I've yet to have any trouble. Even were a T to start chewing through it would likely take time to get a hole big enough to get out. If you are worried then keep an eye on the screen for holes.

For the size of that enclosure the GBB will web it up with little problem. I'd just go with the original plant and call it good myself.

Good luck with your GBB. I've raised several so far and they are a lot of fun. :)
Thank you so much for the reply. I appreciate it.