Enclosure mold

Kira

Arachnopeon
They're both in New enclosures. The coco fiber I got had some moisture in the bag. They won't touch it. Are they both okay to stay in there till it dries out?

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Is my AF B. albo an odd ball then?

She seriously hovers over her water dish when I do not keep an opposite corner of her sub slightly damp. Even when I do keep a corner damp (about 2 thimbles full of water down one corner of her enclosure,) she is prone to hanging out in the damp spot or beside the water dish.

I keep her substrate totally dry besides that...but my gal is a fan of a teensy teensy bit of moisture (besides just the dry sub + water dish combo.)

Just relaying my personal experience here ;) Have none of you witnessed this sort of thing? I see everyone saying 'dry sub' for albos...
That's a definite oddball

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
They're both in New enclosures. The coco fiber I got had some moisture in the bag. They won't touch it. Are they both okay to stay in there till it dries out?
They will be fine until the sub dries. Make sure the new sub is open and I'm sunlight to speed up the drying process.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It should not really take too long to dry out - it's not like it was saturated in the bag or anything. If it was the brick that you have to soak to expand it then I would be concerned about it being sopping wet.

Should be okay to just wait it out.

Kira

Arachnopeon
Also, I was wondering if the enclosure for my gbb is okay. I transferred him into what the B. Albopulosum was in. There is a picture above. He's about 2.5 inches.

Do gbb's need hides? I know they web a ton and was wondering if it would be more of an anchor than provide him a place to hide.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Also, I was wondering if the enclosure for my gbb is okay. I transferred him into what the B. Albopulosum was in. There is a picture above. He's about 2.5 inches.

Do gbb's need hides? I know they web a ton and was wondering if it would be more of an anchor than provide him a place to hide.
I always provide hides, but GBB are heavy webbers. I'd just give him or her a couple of twigs to let them anchor webs to. They'll build their own.