Enclosure Making Time

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I used this because one of the online custom fish tank guys I follow recommended it. They use it in and several other adhesives when making their tanks. It did really well with the plastic boxes and is a good at bonding acrylics.
Yep I've seen it recommended before. I don't anyone besides you and perhaps Red who has used it though hah. How long is the set time for the SciGrip?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The set time was 10 min or so but i think a lot of that was due to the two surfaces being rounded. The glue needing extra time to fill in the gap and firm up. The recommend 24 hours to fully cure all the way through. I glued on the top and bottom for all the enclosures. Waited 8 hours or so then did the door hinges and the hasps. Let them all sit till the next day and was done.

You have to be careful of drips as it breaks the plastics to fuse them together so anywhere it lands will be slightly rough when you wipe it off.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
They turned out pretty good. I can tell already I'm going to need some more shelving soon. Might look into doing that this week.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They turned out pretty good. I can tell already I'm going to need some more shelving soon. Might look into doing that this week.

Let me know when you open your own cage making business! Those look great. What's in the far left, the tallest one. I noticed the hasp is on the side too. Did you make that one? Really sweet looking Trenor.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Let me know when you open your own cage making business! Those look great. What's in the far left, the tallest one. I noticed the hasp is on the side too. Did you make that one? Really sweet looking Trenor.
The one on the left is one from Jamie.

Oreo

Arachnocookie
Looks great! Seeing other people with DIY enclosures is always motivating.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Well I have been going crazy rehousing Ts since I found these new shoe box enclosures the other week. A lot of my terrestrial Ts are already in their new homes.

The new problem was with the arboreal Ts like my bigger pokies and finding something for them. So I took a lot of the deep shoe boxes and modded them to make them into arboreal enclosure.

I just got done with them and they turned out pretty good IMO. Here are a few photos of the finished enclosures. I'll post more when I get them set up.
That enclosure is a nice find. Thanks for sharing your setup. I will be working to get myself going on some custom builds, etc. after the start of the new year but I will need to do lots of practice since I haven't done much with plastic. I may do a test drive with these boxes. I already have several Hobby Lobby enclosures where I will be learning to do some mods as well.

I recently bought a similar sized shoe box from the container store.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/our-tall-shoe-box/d?productId=11000728&q=10064900

I regret buying this box. It is fairly clear plastic and the size is nice, but the polypropylene plastic is so soft that I would never put any appropriate sized T in it. I would be very scared of escapees. The lid flexes too easily on the corners. The box you found appears to be a more rigid plastic like the Hobby Lobby enclosures.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That enclosure is a nice find. Thanks for sharing your setup. I will be working to get myself going on some custom builds, etc. after the start of the new year but I will need to do lots of practice since I haven't done much with plastic. I may do a test drive with these boxes. I already have several Hobby Lobby enclosures where I will be learning to do some mods as well.

I recently bought a similar sized shoe box from the container store.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/our-tall-shoe-box/d?productId=11000728&q=10064900

I regret buying this box. It is fairly clear plastic and the size is nice, but the polypropylene plastic is so soft that I would never put any appropriate sized T in it. I would be very scared of escapees. The lid flexes too easily on the corners. The box you found appears to be a more rigid plastic like the Hobby Lobby enclosures.
It is pretty rigid.