Enclosure lid

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
just needed to know if this is enough holes for my cobalt blue enclosure. I know some holes look awful but I found a way better tool to make holes with minutes later.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kayis

Arachnopeon
I prefer to add some air holes to the side of the enclosure as well. Not sure what you used or what you will be using in the future but a cheap soldering iron makes my life easy lol.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
I prefer to add some air holes to the side of the enclosure as well. Not sure what you used or what you will be using in the future but a cheap soldering iron makes my life easy lol.
I heated up the head a of a screw driver lol. I used a heated knife at first. Bad idea. Holes on the side would keep the humidity up I bet

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Lol....I think when I first started using tubs for enclosures I used screws and a screw driver. The pain was real...well not really but god did it consume so much time. Also honestly for humidity I never bothered worrying about it. I just overflowed the water dish. What pet hole did you get for that tub?

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Lol....I think when I first started using tubs for enclosures I used screws and a screw driver. The pain was real...well not really but god did it consume so much time. Also honestly for humidity I never bothered worrying about it. I just overflowed the water dish. What pet hole did you get for that tub?
What do you mean pet hole? And yeah I know what you mean lol

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Er sorry I thought it was for a burrower. What are you putting into the enclosure?
Well for a water dish I cut out the bottom of a water bottle. Could find a water dish small enough for this enclosure but it's a perfect size anyway. I haven't really made a hole for it because I figured it would make its own on its own. That's what my king baboon did

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Er sorry I thought it was for a burrower. What are you putting into the enclosure?
'cobalt blue', C.lividus ;)

@OP
I hope you haven't put her in there yet, cause you need some holes in the sides as well for good ventilation. Soldering iron works best for me as well.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
'cobalt blue', C.lividus ;)

@OP
I hope you haven't put her in there yet, cause you need some holes in the sides as well for good ventilation. Soldering iron works best for me as well.
I haven't put holes in the other side yet I kinda took a break but I figured that would be pretty good for that side

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Doesn't look like enough holes to me. Those holes are really small. You may want to add A LOT of those on the side, just to make sure the air flow is all good.

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
Doesn't look like enough holes to me. Those holes are really small. You may want to add A LOT of those on the side, just to make sure the air flow is all good.
I'm going to. I had to take a break because it was hurting my back when I sat in an awkward position and that alone took 30 minutes just to do that many. I fractured my back recently from a motorcycle wreck. It's not that I'm lazy, I'm just pretty weak right now

Dylan Campbell

Arachnosquire
:banghead: have fun pouring water into the cage now...
seriously though, put them above the substrate.
What like poke holes down the substrate? Those holes are really tiny. I don't a lot of water if any would escape it. I'd rather do a good misting than pouring water down it

dopamine

Arachnobaron
What like poke holes down the substrate? Those holes are really tiny. I don't a lot of water if any would escape it. I'd rather do a good misting than pouring water down it
Misting is useless you're gonna wanna be able to pour water onto the substrate.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
like above the sub level.... also, misting is useless for this species.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Here's a photo of my AF C. paganus's enclosure. No holes in the top, just on the sides. A lot of holes aren't really necessary, just enough for an air exchange. Keep them above the sub and small enough that the feeders can't escape. Too many and you'll be drying out the substrate quickly. Once a month I'll add around 6-8 ounces of water to each enclosure.
Welcome to fossorial T keeping.

Attachments